- QA17A04 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- HNK-1, NK-1, Leu-7, B3GAT1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD57, also known as HNK-1, NK-1, and Leu-7 is a 100-115 kD oligosaccharide antigenic determinant expressed on a variety of proteins, lipids, and chondroitin sulfate proteoglycans. CD57 is expressed on a subset of peripheral blood lymphocytes, including NK cells and CD8+ T cells, and is also expressed on neural cells and striated muscle. CD57 is not expressed on red blood cells, granulocytes, monocytes, or platelets. While the function of CD57 is unknown, binding to L-selectin, P-selectin, and a fragment of laminin suggests that CD57 may be involved in cell-matrix interactions. CD57 is increased in some disease states associated with CD4/CD8 imbalances (AIDS, autoimmune disease, viral infections, and allograft transplants).Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Membrane extract of human lymphoblastoid cell line HSB-2.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Dazzle™ 594 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE/Dazzle™ 594 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* PE/Dazzle™ 594 has a maximum excitation of 566 nm and a maximum emission of 610 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Oligosaccharide antigenic determinant present on a variety of proteins, lipds, and chrondroitin sulfate proteoglycans, 100-115 kD. The antigen is convserved across species.
NK cells, subset of CD8+ T cells, neural cells, striated muscle
- Ligand Receptor
- Binds to L-selectin and P-selectin in a calcium-dependent manner, also binds to second globular domain of E8 laminin fragment.
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Schubert J, et al. 1989. In Leucocyte Typing IV (Knapp W, ed) Oxford University Press Oxford pp 711-714.
- Palmer BE, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:8415.
- Schachner M, et al. 1995. Trends Neurosci. 18:183.
- Wood KL, et al. 2005. Clin. Immunol. 117:294.
- Gene ID
- 27087 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD57 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.