- HCD54 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- ICAM-1, Ly-47
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- 1 reviews
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD54 is a 85-110 kD type I transmembrane protein also known as ICAM-1. It is expressed on activated endothelial cells, high endothelial venules, T and B cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, and dendritic cells. The expression of ICAM-1 on the cell surface is potently upregulated by activation; a soluble form of ICAM-1 can be released from the cell surface. CD54 plays a role in cellular adhesion and is involved in inflammation and leukocyte extravasation. CD54 has also been shown to be the major cellular receptor for rhinovirus. ICAM-1 binds to CD11a/CD18 (LFA-1), CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1), CD11c/CD18 (p150, 95) as well as hyaluronan and fibrinogen.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: in vitro blocking of lymphoctes interaction1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 322704).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Evans HG, et al. 2009. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 106:6232. (Block) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_535979 (BioLegend Cat. No. 322707)
AB_535980 (BioLegend Cat. No. 322708)
- Type I membrane protein, Ig superfamily, 85-110 kD
Activated endothelial cells, high endothelial venules, T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages, granulocytes, dendritic cells. Cell surface expression upregulated upon activation; soluble ICAM-1 released from surface.
- Cellular adhesion, involved in inflammation and immune reactions. CD54 expressed on endothelial cells in areas of inflammation plays a role in leukocyte extravasation. Major cellular receptor for rhinovirus.
- CD11a/CD18 (LFA-1), CD11b/CD18 (Mac-1), CD11c/CD18 (p150, 95) and has also been reported to bind hyaluronan and fibrinogen
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, T cells, B cells, Monocytes, Macrophages, Granulocytes, Dendritic cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers, Stem Cells, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Voraberger G, et al.. 1991 J. Immunol. 147:2777.
2. Staunton DE, et al.. 1988. Cell 52:925.
3. Greve JM, et al.. 1989. Cell 56:839.
- Gene ID
- 3383 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD54 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.