Analyte Specific Reagent. Analytical and performance characteristics are not established.
- SK3 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- T4, Leu3a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD4, also known as T4, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4, a member of the Ig superfamily, recognizes antigens associated with MHC class II molecules and participates in cell-cell interactions, thymic differentiation, and signal transduction. CD4 acts as a primary receptor for HIV, binding to HIV gp120. CD4 has also been shown to interact with IL-16.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- 12.5 µg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
Suggested for Flow Cytometry
- Recommended Usage
Precautions for Use: Use appropriate personal protective equipment and safety practices per universal precautions when working with this reagent. Refer to the reagent safety data sheet.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
AB_2616622 (BioLegend Cat. No. 980804)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
T cell subset, majority of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages
- MHC class II co-receptor, lymphocyte adhesion, thymic differentiation, HIV receptor
- MHC class II molecules, HIV gp120, IL-16
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Center D et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:476.
2. Gaubin M et al. 1996. Eur. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 34:723.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend manufacture antibodies at GMP grade?
BioLegend antibodies and reagents that carry the IVD or ASR designation are manufactured in a registered GMP facility, while our other products are manufactured under ISO 13485 certification. Both environments provide high quality products. To learn more about our quality standards visit our Quality Control page at: https://www.biolegend.com/QC.
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.