- HIR2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VII 70299
- Other Names
- Glycophorin A/B, GPA/GPB
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The HIR2 antibody reacts with a common epitope of glycophorin A (CD235a) and glycophorin B (CD235b). Glycophorin A is the major sialoglycoprotein expressed on red blood cell membrane, and erythroid precursors. Glycophorin A shares strong homology with glycophorin B. The HIR2 antibody recognizes human RBCs and erythroid precursors and is useful in erythroid cell development studies. Mature, non-nucleated red blood cells are characteristically glycophorin A positive, but CD45 and CD71 negative.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Pacific Blue™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.015 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Pacific Blue™ has a maximum emission of 455 nm when it is excited at 405 nm. Prior to using Pacific Blue™ conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mason D, et al. Eds. 2002. Leucocyte Typing VII. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Product Citations
AB_2248153 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306611)
AB_2116241 (BioLegend Cat. No. 306612)
- Sialoglycoprotein, 20 kD
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Mason D, et al. Eds. 2002. Leucocyte Typing VII. Oxford University Press. New York.
- Gene ID
- 2993 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD235ab on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.