- AY13 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1, Receptor tyrosine-protein kinase erbB-1, HER1
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is a transmembrane glycoprotein and member of the protein kinase superfamily that regulates cell growth and differentiation. EGFR binds EGF, TGF-α, amphiregulin, betacellulin, heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor, GP30, and vaccinia virus growth factor - all members of the EGF family. Ligand binding induces EGFR dimerization and autophosphorylation, initiating the MAPK, Akt, and JNK signaling pathways. EGFR is expressed by epithelial and endothelial cells and is frequently expressed by epithelial carcinomas.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) cell line NCI-H322
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 605™ under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated Brilliant Violet 605™ and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 605™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 603 nm. The bandpass filter 610/20 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 605™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Yamaguchi M, et al. 2009. The 15th Annual Meeting Japan Society of Gene Therapy. p1056. Abstract 92.
- Member of the protein kinase superfamily; transmembrane glycoprotein; ligand binding induces dimerization and autophosphorylation
Epithelial cells and endothelial cells; frequently found in epithelial carcinomas
- Controls cell growth and differentiation
- MAPK, Akt, JNK
- Members of the epidermal growth factor (EGF) family such as EGF, TGF-α, amphiregulin, betacellulin, heparin-binding EGF-like growth factor, GP30 and vaccinia virus growth factor
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Growth Factors
- Antigen References
1. da Cunha Santos G, et al. 2011. Annu. Rev. Pathol. 6:49.
2. Gusterson BA and Hunter KD. 2009. Lancet Oncol. 10:522.
3. Mano M and Humblet Y. 2008. Nat. Clin. Pract. Oncol. 5:415.
4. Pao W and Chmielecki J. 2010. Nat. Rev. Cancer 10:760.
- Gene ID
- 1956 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about EGFR on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.