- HM48-1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- BCM1, SLAMF2, Blast-1
- Armenian Hamster IgG
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD48 is a 45 kD GPI-anchored glycoprotein also known as BCM1, Blast-1 (human), and OX-45 (rat). It is a member of the Ig superfamily, expressed on T and B cells and monocytes/macrophages. It plays a role in adhesion and T cell recognition. The primary ligands for CD48 are CD2 and CD244.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Armenian Hamster
- Mouse T lymphoma MBL-2
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The HM48-1 antibody is useful for blocking in vitro and in vivo CD48 mediated interactions. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, costimulation of T cell proliferation1,2, blocking of CD48-CD2 interaction1, and inhibition of CTL activity and graft rejection1,2. For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. Nos. 103452-103456) with a lower endotoxin limit (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kato K, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:1241. (IP, Costim, Block)
- Qin L, et al. 1994. J. Exp. Med. 179:341. (Costim, Block)
AB_2650826 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103443)
- Ig superfamily, 45 kD
T cells and B cells, monocytes/macrophages
- Adhesion, T cell recognition
- CD2, CD244
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Flament C, et al. 1996. Hum. Immunol. 46:82.
3. Van der Merwe PA, et al. 1995. Curr. Biol. 5:74.
4. Latchman Y, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 161:5809.
- Gene ID
- 12506 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD48 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.