- 1D11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD314 is a homodimeric C-type lectin-like protein also known as NKG2D. It is expressed on NK cells, CD8+ T cells, γ/δ T cells, and in vitro induced LAK cells. Several molecules have been identified as the ligands for NKG2D, including MHC class-I chain-related protein A (MICA), MICB, and UL16-binding proteins (ULBPs). NKG2D has no intrinsic signaling capacity, but attains this by non-covalent association with DAP10 or DAP12 adaptors. In addition to being a primary activation receptor on NK cells, NKG2D is also a costimulatory receptor for TCR-mediated T cell proliferation and cytokine production. The interaction of NKG2D with its ligands plays a role in the immune surveillance against pathogen and tumor cells, and in the pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 510™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 510™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 510 nm. The bandpass filter 510/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 510™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
The 1D11 antibody blocks MICA binding to T cells, induces redirected lysis, and costimulates T cells activation and proliferation. Additional reported (for the relevant formats) applications include: immunoprecipitation1,2, blocking of ligand binding, induction of redirected cell lysis, and costimulation of T cells proliferation2-7. For highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 320814) with endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wu J, et al. 1999. Science 285:730.
- Wu J, et al. 2000. J. Exp. Med. 192:1059.
- Groh V, et al. 2001. Nature Immunol. 2:255.
- Wu J, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:1236.
- Roberts A, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 167:5527.
- Groh V, et al. 2003. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:9452.
- Kraetzel K et al. 2008. Eur. Respir. J. 32:563. PubMed
- Correia DV, et al. 2011. Blood 118:992. (FC) PubMed
- Watanbe M, et al. 2014. Int Immunol. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562746 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320815)
AB_2562747 (BioLegend Cat. No. 320816)
- C-type lectin
NK cells, γ/δ T cells, CD8+ T cells
- Cytolytic killing of target cells expressing NKG2D ligands, costimulation of NK cells and T cells
- MICA, MICB, UL16-binding proteins (ULBPs)
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Vance RE, et al. 1999. J. Exp. Med. 190:1801.
2. Raulet DH. 2003. Nat. Rev. Immunol. 3:781.
3. Lohwasser S, et al. 1999. Eur. J. Immunol. 29:755.
4. Jamieson AM, et al. 2002. Immunity 17:19.
5. Gilfillan S, et al. 2002. Nat. Immunol. 3:1150.
6. Ho EL, et al. 2002. J. Immunol. 169:3667.
7. Maasho K, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:4480.
8. Groh V, et al. 2003. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:9452.
- Gene ID
- 22914 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD314 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.