- UCHT2 (See other available formats)
- III 518
- Other Names
- Leu-1, Ly-1, T1, Tp67
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD5 is a 67 kD single chain type I glycoprotein also known as Leu-1, Ly-1 and T1. It is a member of the scavenger receptor superfamily found on T cells, thymocytes, B cell subsets, chronic B lymphocytic leukemia (B-Cells), and peripheral blood dendritic cells. CD5 modulates T and B cell receptor signaling, thymocyte maturation, and T-B cell interactions upon binding to ligands such as CD72.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Capuchin Monkey, Common Marmoset
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC/Fire™ 750 under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC/Fire™ 750 and unconjugated antibody.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
* APC/Fire™ 750 has a maximum excitation of 650 nm and a maximum emission of 787 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting2 and immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen sections2,5.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV Oxford University Press. New York.
- Renaudineau Y, et al. 2005. Blood 106:2781. (WB IHC)
- Porter JC and Hogg N. 1997. J. Cell Biol. 138:1437.
- Saliba AE, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:14524. PubMed
- Kap Y, et al. 2009. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 57:1159. (IHC)
- Scavenger receptor superfamily, 67 kD
T cells, thymocytes, B cell subset, B cell CLL, peripheral blood dendritic cells
- Modulates TCR, BCR signaling, thymocyte maturation, T-B cell interaction
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Leukemia, T cells, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Kipps T. 1988. Adv. Immunol. 47:117.
2. Resnick D, et al. 1993. Trends Biochem. Sci. 19:5.
3. Wood GS, et al. 1992. Am. J. Pathol. 14:789.
- Gene ID
- 921 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD5 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.