- ITEM-4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Fibroblast growth factor-inducible 14 kD protein (Fn14), TWEAK receptor, TNFRSF12A
- Mouse IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
CD266 is a 14 kD transmembrane protein known as TWEAK receptor (TWEAK-R) or fibroblast growth factor inducible 14 (Fn14). It is member 12A of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily (TNFRSF12A) expressed at low levels in a variety of tissues, such as heart, placenta, lung, muscle, and pancreas. TWEAK-R binds TWEAK (CD255) and interacts with the cytoplasmic proteins TRAF1, 2, and 3. The engagement of Fn14 can induce cell death and may play a role in inflammation, hepatocyte growth, and liver neoplasia.Product Details
- Human, Mouse
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Human Fn14 transfected P815
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with APC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated APC and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting3,4, immunofluorescence3,4, and immunohistochemistry of frozen sections5 and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections3. ITEM-4 antibody has no effect on TWEAK-induced MAPK activation in RAW cells1.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Polek TC, et al. 2003. J. Biol. Chem. 278:32317.
- Nakayama M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:341.
- Karaca G, et al. 2014. PLoS One. 9:83987. (IHC, IF, WB) PubMed
- Muñoz-García B, et al. 2006. Stroke. 37:2044. (IF, WB)
- Jakubowski A, et al. 2005. J. Clin. Invest. 115:2955. (IHC)
- Karaca G, et al. 2015. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 308:325. PubMed
- Transmembrane TNF superfamily receptor, contains no death domain, 14 kD
Widely expressed in heart, placenta, lung, muscle, kidney, pancreas, and HUVEC
- Binds to TWEAK (CD255), thought to play a role in cell death and inflammation
- TWEAK (CD255); interacts with cytoplasmic proteins TRAF1, 2, and 3
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Feng SL, et al. 2000. Am. J. Path. 156:1253.
2. Meighan-Mantha RL, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:33166.
3. Nakayama M, et al. 2003. J. Immunol. 170:341.
4. Lynch CN, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:8455.
- Gene ID
- 27279 View all products for this Gene ID 51330 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD266 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.