- M1/69 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Ly-52, Nectadrin
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD24 is a 35-45 kD protein also known as Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Ly-52, or Nectadrin. It is a GPI-linked sialoglycoprotein expressed on lymphocytes, granulocytes, epithelial cells, thymocytes, monocytes, erythrocytes, and dendritic cells. CD24 expression varies during T and B cell differentiation and is a useful marker for delineating various lymphocyte developmental stages. CD24 serves as an adhesion or costimulatory molecule involved in T and B lymphocyte activation and differentiation by homophilic binding or binding to CD62P.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/10 mouse splenic T cells and concanavalin A-activated splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, in vitro induction of thymocyte maturation2, complement-mediated cytotoxicity3, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections4, formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections5 and zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections10. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101845 and 101846).
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Springer T, et al. 1978. Eur. J. Immunol. 8:539. (WB)
- Crowley M, et al. 1989. Cell. Immunol. 118:108. (FA)
- Veillette A, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 170:1671. (FA)
- Pandelakis A Flavell RA 1999 JEM 189:855 (FC, IHC)
- Liu JQ, et al. 2007 J. Immunol. 178:6227. (FC, IF)
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074245. (FC) PubMed
- Rucci F, et al. 2010. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107:3024. (FC) PubMed
- Teague TK, et al. 2010. Int Immunol. 22:387. (FC) PubMed
- Gracz AD, et al. 2010. Am J. Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 298:590. (FC) PubMed
- Chen CY, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 10:1210. (FC, IHC) PubMed
- Qui Q, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1681. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563732 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101829)
- GPI-linked sialoglycoprotein, 35-45 kD
B cells, granulyocytes, epithelial cells, thymocytes, monocytes, erythrocytes, dendritic cells
- Regulates B cell proliferation and differentiation
- P-selectin, CD24
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Erythrocytes, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Aigner S, et al. 1997. Blood 89:3385.
3. Hough MR, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:479.
4. Liu Y, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:437.
- Gene ID
- 12484 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD24 on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Biotin anti-mouse CD24
FITC anti-mouse CD24
PE anti-mouse CD24
Purified anti-mouse CD24
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-mouse CD24
PE/Cyanine5 anti-mouse CD24
APC anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse CD24
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse CD24
PE/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-mouse CD24
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-mouse CD24
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse CD24
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-mouse CD24
Purified anti-mouse CD24 (Maxpar® Ready)
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-mouse CD24
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse CD24
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-mouse CD24
TotalSeq™-A0212 anti-mouse CD24
TotalSeq™-C0212 anti-mouse CD24
TotalSeq™-B0212 anti-mouse CD24
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-mouse CD24
APC/Cyanine7 anti-mouse CD24 Antibody