- M1/69 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Ly-52, Nectadrin
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD24 is a 35-45 kD protein also known as Heat Stable Antigen (HSA), Ly-52, or Nectadrin. It is a GPI-linked sialoglycoprotein expressed on lymphocytes, granulocytes, epithelial cells, thymocytes, monocytes, erythrocytes, and dendritic cells. CD24 expression varies during T and B cell differentiation and is a useful marker for delineating various lymphocyte developmental stages. CD24 serves as an adhesion or costimulatory molecule involved in T and B lymphocyte activation and differentiation by homophilic binding or binding to CD62P.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/10 mouse splenic T cells and concanavalin A-activated splenocytes
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
µl sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For immunofluorescent staining using the µg size, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. For immunofluorescent staining using the µl size, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Becton, Dickinson and Company and its affiliates. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. patent(s), pending patent applications and/or foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1, in vitro induction of thymocyte maturation2, complement-mediated cytotoxicity3, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections4, formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections5 and zinc-fixed paraffin-embedded sections10. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 101845 and 101846).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Springer T, et al. 1978. Eur. J. Immunol. 8:539. (WB)
- Crowley M, et al. 1989. Cell. Immunol. 118:108. (FA)
- Veillette A, et al. 1989. J. Exp. Med. 170:1671. (FA)
- Pandelakis A Flavell RA 1999 JEM 189:855 (FC, IHC)
- Liu JQ, et al. 2007 J. Immunol. 178:6227. (FC, IF)
- Chappaz S, et al. 2007. Blood doi:10.1182/blood-2007-02-074245. (FC) PubMed
- Rucci F, et al. 2010. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 107:3024. (FC) PubMed
- Teague TK, et al. 2010. Int Immunol. 22:387. (FC) PubMed
- Gracz AD, et al. 2010. Am J. Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 298:590. (FC) PubMed
- Chen CY, et al. 2008. Endocrinology. 10:1210. (FC, IHC) PubMed
- Qui Q, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 184:1681. (FC) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_10901159 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101825)
AB_2563508 (BioLegend Cat. No. 101826)
- GPI-linked sialoglycoprotein, 35-45 kD
B cells, granulyocytes, epithelial cells, thymocytes, monocytes, erythrocytes, dendritic cells
- Regulates B cell proliferation and differentiation
- P-selectin, CD24
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Epithelial cells, Erythrocytes, Granulocytes, Monocytes, Thymocytes
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Aigner S, et al. 1997. Blood 89:3385.
3. Hough MR, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:479.
4. Liu Y, et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 175:437.
- Gene ID
- 12484 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD24 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.