- YGITR 765 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- TNFRSF18, AITR
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
GITR, Glucocorticoid-induced TNFR-related gene, is a member of the TNF receptor superfamily, also known as TNFRSF18, and AITR (in humans). It is expressed at low levels on resting T lymphocytes and at high levels on CD4+CD25+ T regulatory (Treg) cells. The expression of GITR on T cells can be upregulated upon activation. Interaction of GITR with its ligand (GITRL) has been demonstrated to augment T cell activation, proliferation, cytokine production, as well as MAPKs and NF-κB activation, and abrogate the inhibitory functions of CD4+CD25+ Treg cells. In vivo activation GITR causes development of autoimmune diseases and restores the suppressed immune responses.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant mouse GITR protein and Transfected cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 120216).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Cobbold SP, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:6003.
- Biburger M, et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 84:264. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_439723 (BioLegend Cat. No. 120205)
- TNF receptor superfamily member
Low levels on resting T cells, high on CD4+CD25+ Treg cells, expression upregulated upon activation.
- Co-stimulate GITR expressing cells activation, proliferation, and cytokine production; inhibit the suppressive activities of CD4+CD25+ Treg cells.
- GITR ligand (TNFSF18)
- Cell Type
- T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Tone M, et al. 2003. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 100:15059
2. Ronchetti S, et al. 2004. Eur. J. Immunol. 34:613
3. Kanamaru F, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 172:613
4. Shimizu J, et al. 2002. Nat. Immunol. 3:135
5. Stephens GL, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:5008
6. McHugh RS, et al. 2002. Immunity 16:311
- Gene ID
- 21936 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD357 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.