- 1A8 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus G
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Lymphocyte antigen 6 complex, locus G (Ly-6G), a 21-25 kD GPI-anchored protein, is expressed on the majority of myeloid cells in bone marrow and peripheral granulocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ly-6G transfected EL-4J cell line.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF®, WB - Verified
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. The product is formulated to simplify the antibody preparation when performing the labeling protocol. As a result, it is possible to proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
While 1A8 recognizes only Ly-6G, clone RB6-8C5 recognizes both Ly-6G and Ly-6C. Clone RB6-8C5 binds with high affinity to mouse Ly-6G molecules and to a lower extent to Ly-6C15. Clone RB6-8C5 impairs the binding of anti-mouse Ly-6G clone 1A815. However, clone RB6-8C5 is able to stain in the presence of anti-mouse Ly-6C clone HK1.416.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry9 of frozen sections10 and paraffin-embedded sections11, and depletion4, 12-14. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 127620). For in vivo studies or highly sensitive assays, we recommend Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 127632) with a lower endotoxin limit than standard LEAF™ purified antibodies (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg).
- Additional Product Notes
- Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Fluidigm Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399. (FC)
- Daley JM, et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 83:1. (FC)
- Dietlin TA, et al. 2007. J. Leukocyte Biol. 81:1205. (FC)
- Daley J, et al. 2007. J. Leukocyte Biol. doi:10.1189. (Deplete) PubMed
- Tadagavadi RK, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:4904. PubMed
- Sumagin R, et al. 2010. J. Immunol. 185:7057. PubMed
- Guiducci C, et al. 2010. J. Exp Med. 207:2931. PubMed
- Fujita M, et al. 2011. Cancer Res. 71:2664. PubMed
- Van Leeuwen, et al. 2008. Arterioscler. Thromb. Vasc. Biol. 28:84. (IHC)
- Kowanetz M, et al. 2010. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 107:21248. [supplementary data] (IHC)
- Esbona K, et al. 2016. Breast Cancer Res. 18:35. (IHC)
- Wojtasiak M, et al. 2010. J. Gen. Virol. 91:2158. (FC, Deplete)
- Jaeger BN, et al. 2012. J. Exp. Med. 209:565. (Deplete)
- Wozniak KL, et al. 2012. BMC Immunol. 13:65 (FC, Deplete)
- Ribechini E, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:3538.
- Ng LG, et al. 2011. J Invest. Dermatol. 131:2058. PubMed
- Ma C, et al. 2012. J. Leukoc. Biol. 92:1199.
- McCartney-Francis, N, et al. 2014. J Leukoc. Biol. 96:917. PubMed
- Her Z, et al. 2014. EMBO Mol. Med. 7:24. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563784 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127637)
- A 21-35 kD GPI-anchorded membrane protein
Expressed on the majority of myeloid cells in bone marrow and peripheral granulocytes. The monoclonal antibody RB6-8C5 recognizes both Ly-6G and Ly-6C.
- Cell Type
- Granulocytes, Macrophages, Monocytes
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Antigen References
Fleming TJ, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. 151:2399.
- Gene ID
- 546644 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Ly-6G on UniProt.org
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.