- RPA-T4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- IV T114
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD4, also known as T4, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4, a member of the Ig superfamily, recognizes antigens associated with MHC class II molecules, and participates in cell-cell interactions, thymic differentiation, and signal transduction. CD4 acts as a primary receptor for HIV, binding to HIV gp120. CD4 has also been shown to interact with IL-16.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Reported Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
CyTOF® - Verified
PG - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
This product is suitable for use with the Maxpar® Metal Labeling Kits. For metal labeling using Maxpar® Ready antibodies, proceed directly to the step to Partially Reduce the Antibody by adding 100 µl of Maxpar® Ready antibody to 100 µl of 4 mM TCEP-R in a 50 kDa filter and continue with the protocol. Always refer to the latest version of Maxpar® User Guide when conjugating Maxpar® Ready antibodies.
- Application Notes
The RPA-T4 antibody binds to the D1 domain of CD4 (CDR1 and CDR3 epitopes) and can block HIV gp120 binding and inhibit syncytia formation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections3,4,5, blocking of T cell activation1,2, and spatial biology (IBEX)10,11. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 300569 - 300574).
- Additional Product Notes
Maxpar® is a registered trademark of Standard BioTools Inc.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York. (Activ)
- Moir S, et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:7972. (Activ)
- Deng MC, et al. 1995. Circulation 91:1647. (IHC)
- Friedman T, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5256. (IHC)
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Lan RY, et al. 2006. Hepatology 43:729.
- Zenaro E, et al. 2009. J. Leukoc. Biol. 86:1393. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Stoeckius M, et al. 2017. Nat. Methods. 14:865. (PG)
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2020. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 117:33455-33465. (SB) PubMed
- Radtke AJ, et al. 2022. Nat Protoc. 17:378-401. (SB) PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2562809 (BioLegend Cat. No. 300541)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
T cell subset, majority of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages
- MHC class II co-receptor, lymphocyte adhesion, thymic differentiation, HIV receptor
- MHC class II molecules, HIV gp120, IL-16
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Center D, et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:476.
2. Gaubin M, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 34:723.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
- Can I obtain CyTOF data related to your Maxpar® Ready antibody clones?
We do not test our antibodies by mass cytometry or on a CyTOF machine in-house. The data displayed on our website is provided by Fluidigm®. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for additional data and further details.
- Can I use Maxpar® Ready format clones for flow cytometry staining?
We have not tested the Maxpar® Ready antibodies formulated in solution containing EDTA for flow cytometry staining. While it is likely that this will work in majority of the situations, it is best to use the non-EDTA formulated version of the same clone for flow cytometry testing. The presence of EDTA in some situations might negatively affect staining.
- I am having difficulty observing a signal after conjugating a metal tag to your Maxpar® antibody. Please help troubleshoot.
We only supply the antibody and not test that in house. Please contact Fluidigm® directly for troubleshooting advice: http://techsupport.fluidigm.com/
- Is there a difference between buffer formulations related to Maxpar® Ready and purified format antibodies?
The Maxpar® Ready format antibody clones are formulated in Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and EDTA. The regular purified format clones are formulated in solution that does not contain any EDTA. Both formulations are however without any extra carrier proteins.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD4
Biotin anti-human CD4
FITC anti-human CD4
PE anti-human CD4
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD4
Purified anti-human CD4
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD4
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD4
PerCP anti-human CD4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD4
Purified anti-human CD4 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD4
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD4
CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit
CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit with Veri-Cells™ PBMC
TotalSeq™-A0072 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-B0072 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-C0072 anti-human CD4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-D0072 anti-human CD4