- Other Names
- Glutathione-S-transferase, Thioredoxin-1 (Trx1), Fip, FipA, TsnC, TrxA, Thioredoxin Tag, DSRED, Green fluorescent protein, GFP
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
The Epitope Tag Big Motif Antibody Sampler Kit provides a convenient resource to detect big Epitope Tag fused protein by Western Blot.
GST is commonly used as a tag to create fusion proteins in order to facilitate purification and detection of these proteins of interest. Green fluorescent protein (GFP) was originally identified as a protein involved in bioluminescence. It is widely used as a fluorescent indicator for monitoring gene expression in a variety of cellular systems. mCherry is a red fluorescent protein that is often used to tag target proteins and to monitor their subcellular localization. Thioredoxin is an 11.7 kD E. coli cytoplasmic protein. When used as a fusion partner to produce recombinant protein, thioredoxin has been shown to increase protein solubility and yield, as well as reduce protein aggregation and precipitation.
For additional antigen details, please refer to individual product datasheets.
- Kit Contents
Specificity Clone Size Reactivity Isotype MW (kD) Anti-GST P1A12 25 µg GST tagged protein Mouse IgG2b, κ 26 Anti-GFP 1GFP63 25 µg GFP Mouse IgG2a 27 Anti-mCherry 8C5.5 25 µg mCherry Mouse IgG2a 27 Anti-Thioredoxin 1 4H12A59 25 µg E. coli Thioredoxin-1 and thioredoxin tagged recombinant protein Mouse IgG1, κ 12
* For detailed information about each specificity, please follow the provided links.
- Please refer to individual product datasheets for details.
- All antibodies in this kit were purified by affinity chromatography.
- All antibodies in the kit are at 0.5mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store undiluted at 2-8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of antibodies in this kit is quality control tested by Western Blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested uses of these reagents are as follows:
Anti-GST: 0.05-0.5 µg/ml
Anti-GFP: 0.05-0.5 µg/ml
Anti-mCherry: 0.1-1 µg/ml
Anti-Thioredoxin 1: 0.05-0.5 µg/ml
It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
For verified or reported applications for these antibodies, please see individual product datasheets.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Nicol C, et al. 2011. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 405:417. PubMed (Anti-GST)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Gene ID