- 8C5.5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
mCherry is a red fluorescent protein that is often used to tag target proteins and to monitor their subcellular localization. It is the most widely used photostable protein in the class of red-shifted fluorescent proteins1,2. mCherry derives from proteins initially isolated from Cnidarians.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC, IP - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 1.0 - 2.5 µg per ml. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 1.0 - 5.0 µg per ml is recommended. For immunoprecipitation, the suggested use of this reagent is 2.0 - 10 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
AB_2801131 (BioLegend Cat. No. 677701)
AB_2565910 (BioLegend Cat. No. 677702)
- 236 amino acids with a predicted molecular weight of approximately 27 kD.
- Fluorescent protein.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Shaner NC, et al. 2008. Nat. Methods 5:545.
2. Shaner NC, et al. 2005. Nat. Methods 2:905.
- Gene ID
- View information about mCherry on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.