- 1GFP63 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Green fluorescent protein, GFP
- Mouse IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Green fluorescent protein (GFP) was originally identified as a protein involved in bioluminescence, which is from the jellyfish Aequorea victoria. It is widely used as a fluorescent indicator for monitoring gene expression in a variety of cellular systems, including living organisms and fixed tissues. Unlike other bioluminescent reporters, GFP fluoresces without the need for exogenous substrates or cofactors, or other intrinsic or extrinsic proteins. This makes GFP a useful tool for monitoring gene expression and protein localization in vivo. Purified GFP is a 27 kD monomer consisting of 238 amino acids and emits green light (emission maximum at 509 nm) when excited with blue or UV light.Product Details
- Aequorea victoria
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.1 - 1.0 µg per ml. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Product Citations
AB_2749908 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668206)
AB_2616789 (BioLegend Cat. No. 668205)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology
- Antigen References
1. Ishikura H, et al. 2004. Anticancer Res. 24:719.
2. Rizzuto R, et al. 1996. Curr. Biol. 6:183.
3. Chalfie M, et al. 1994. Science 263:802.
- Gene ID
- View information about GFP on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.