- 4B4-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI C-7
- Other Names
- 4-1BB, ILA, CD137, TNFRSF9
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD137 is a 39 kD transmembrane protein also known as 4-1BB. It is expressed on activated T cells. CD137 is a type I membrane protein and a member of the tumor necrosis factor receptor superfamily. CD137 appears to be important for T cell proliferation and survival, and induces monocyte activation through its interaction with 4-1BB ligand.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Ectodomain of recombinant human 4-1BB fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Alexa Fluor® 700 under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is highly recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* Alexa Fluor® 700 has a maximum emission of 719 nm when it is excited at 633 nm / 635 nm. Prior to using Alexa Fluor® 700 conjugate for flow cytometric analysis, please verify your flow cytometer's capability of exciting and detecting the fluorochrome.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
- Excitation Laser
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1,4, inhibition of cytokine production2,3, and ELISA. For most successful immunofluorescent staining results, it may be important to maximize signal over background by using a relatively bright fluorochrome-antibody conjugate (Cat. No. 309804) or by using a high sensitivity, three-layer staining technique (e.g., including a biotinylated anti-mouse IgG second step (Cat. No. 405303), followed by Streptavidin-PE (Cat. No. 405204)).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Garni-Wagner B, et al. 1996. Cell. Immunol. 169:91. (IP)
- Salih HR, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:2903. (FA)
- Kienzle G, et al. 2000. Int. Immunol. 12:73. (FA)
- Langstein J, et al. 1998. J. Immunol. 160:2488. (IP)
- Product Citations
AB_2207742 (BioLegend Cat. No. 309816)
- TNFR superfamily, type I transmembrane protein, 30 kD
Activated T cells
- T cell costimulation
- 4-1BB ligand
- Cell Type
- T cells
- Biology Area
- Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Gruss H, et al. 1995. Blood 85:3378.
2. Sica G, et al. 2000. Adv. Exp. Med. Biol. 465:355.
3. Alderson M, et al. 1994. Eur. J. Immunol. 24:2219.
4. Schwarz H, et al. 1996. Blood 87:2839.
- Gene ID
- 3604 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD137 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.