- MF-14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, IPEX, Zinc finger protein JM2
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
FOXP3 is a 47 kD transcription factor, also known as Forkhead box protein P3, Scurfin, JM2, or IPEX. It is proposed to be a master regulatory gene and more specific marker of T regulatory cells than most cell surface markers (such as CD4 and CD25). Transduced expression of FOXP3 in CD4+/CD25- cells has been shown to induce GITR, CD103, and CTLA4 and impart a T regulatory cell phenotype. FOXP3 is mutated in X-linked autoimmunity-allergic dysregulation syndrome (XLAAD or IPEX) in humans and in "scurfy" mice. Overexpression of FOXP3 has been shown to lead to a hypoactive immune state suggesting that this transcriptional factor is a central regulator of T cell activity.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- This kit is guaranteed for six months. Upon receipt, store between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
1. Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse FOXP3/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail - 25 tests
2. Alexa Fluor® 488 Rat IgG2b, κ isotype control/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail - 25 tests
3. True-Nuclear™ Transcription Buffer Set - 120 tests (Cat. No. 424401)
Materials not included:
1. Cell Staining Buffer (Cat. No. 420201)
2. Single Color Compensation Controls
Immunofluorescence Staining Procedures:
1. Aliquot 100 µL of target cells to each tube.
2. Add 1 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Fix solution to each tube, vortex, and incubate at room temperature in the dark for 45-60 minutes.
3. Without washing, add 2 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer to each tube.
4. Centifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
5. Add 2 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer to each tube.
6. Centrifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
7. Resuspend the cell pellet in 100 µL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer.
8. Add 20 µL of Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse FOXP3/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail or 20 µL of Alexa Fluor® 488 rat IgG2b, ? isotype control/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP antibody cocktail into the appropriate tubes. Incubate in the dark at room temperature for at least 30 minutes.
9. Add 2 mL of the Transcription Factor 1X Perm Buffer to each tube.
10. Centrifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
11. Add 2 mL of the cell staining buffer.
12. Centrifuge tubes at 400 x g at room temperature for five minutes, and discard the supernatant.
13. Resuspend in 0.5 mL cell staining buffer and then acquire tubes on a flow cytometer.
Caution: The True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set contains paraformaldehyde, which is toxic and mutagenic. Please handle with caution. Wear gloves, lab coats, and necessary protection to avoid direct contact.
NOTE: For flow cytometric staining with this clone, True-Nuclear™ Transcription Factor Buffer Set (Cat. No. 424401) offers improved staining and is highly recommended over the Foxp3/Perm Buffer Set (Cat. No. 421403).
- Application References
- Product Citations
- 50-55 kd protein. Forkhead/winged-helix transcription factor family, contains zinc finger and forkhead domains.
Nuclear; expressed in Treg cells.
- Master regulatory gene in Treg cell development, crucial for immune homeostasis.
- Interacts with DNA
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Transcription Factors
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Nuclear Markers
- Antigen References
1. Ono M, et al. 2007. Nature 446:685.
2. Hori S, et al. 2003. Science 299:1057.
3. Fontenot JD, et al. 2003 Nature Immunol 4:330.
- Present at high level in T reg cells. Induced by T cell activation.
- Gene ID
- 20371 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about FOXP3 on UniProt.org
- How stable is PerCP/Cy5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
PerCP/Cy5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.
- Can I stain whole blood with anti-FOXP3 using your Foxp3 staining kit?
It is not recommended. It is best to use PBMCs for this testing.
- Can FOXP3 be costained with cytokines?
The larger holes created by the nuclear permeabilization required for FOXP3 may allow cytokines to leak out of the cell, making it harder to detect lowly-expressed cytokines. You may have to use a control where the cells are only permeabilized through the cell membrane.
|Purified anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||WB|
|PE anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC, IHC|
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
|True-Nuclear™ One Step Staining Mouse Treg Flow™ Kit (FOXP3 Alexa Fluor® 488/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP)||MF-14||ICFC|
|Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse FOXP3||MF-14||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-mouse FOXP3
PE anti-mouse FOXP3
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-mouse FOXP3
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-mouse FOXP3
Pacific Blue™ anti-mouse FOXP3
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-mouse FOXP3
True-Nuclear™ One Step Staining Mouse Treg Flow™ Kit (FOXP3 Alexa Fluor® 488/CD25 PE/CD4 PerCP)
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-mouse FOXP3