- MD-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF), IFN-g, IFN-gamma
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells. The 4S.B3 antibody reacts with the human IFN-γ. The MD-1 antibody reacts with human and monkey interferon-gamma (IFN-γ). The MD-1 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IFN-γ.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
ELISA Capture - Quality tested
ICFC, IHC-F, WB - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For ELISA Capture applications, the antibody should be titrated between 0.25 - 2 µg/ml to determine optimal condition. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
ELISA1,2,5 and ELISPOT3,4 Capture: The Purified MD-1 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated 4S.B3 (Cat. No. 502504/502514) antibody as the detecting antibody and recombinant human IFN-? (Cat. No. 570209) as the standard. The LEAF™ Purified antibody is suggested for ELISPOT capture. For ELISPOT capture applications, a concentration range of 0.5-2 µg/ml is recommended.
Neutralization1: The LEAF™ Purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IFN-? bioactivity (Cat. No. 507513).
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: Western blotting1,2, intracellular staining for flow cytometry6, and immunohistochemical staining7 of paraformaldehyde-fixed, saponin-treated frozen tissue sections.
Note: For testing human IFN-? in serum or plasma, BioLegend's ELISA Max™ Sets (Cat. No. 430101 to 430106) are specially developed and recommended.
- Application References
- Van der Meide P, et al. 1985. J. Immuno. Meth. 79:293.
- Yazdanbakhsh M, et al. 1993. Eur. J. Immuno. 23:3312.
- Besouw N, et al. 1994. J. Med. Primatol. 23:42.
- Van der Meide P, et al. 1995. J. Med. Primatol. 24:271.
- Hilkens C, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:1722.
- Hamann D, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:1387.
- Wassenaar A, et al. 1995. Infect. Immunity. 63:2147.
- Product Citations
AB_2122340 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507501)
AB_2122339 (BioLegend Cat. No. 507502)
- Cytokine; dimer; 20-25 kD (Mammalian)
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Cell Type
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by vitamin D3 or DMN; labile at pH2
- Gene ID
- 3458 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org
|Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human IFN-γ||MD-1||ELISA Capture, ICFC, IHC-F, WB|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.