- 5C3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- V CD40.4
- Other Names
- BP50, TNFRSF5
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD40 is a 48 kD type I glycoprotein also known as BP50. It is a member of the TNFR superfamily primarily expressed on B cells, macrophages, follicular dendritic cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts, and at low levels on plasma cells. CD40 has been reported to be involved in B cell differentiation, costimulation, isotype class-switching, and protection of B cells from apoptosis. Additionally, CD40 is important for T cell-B cell interactions. The ligand of CD40 is CD154 (CD40 ligand). The 5C3 antibody has been reported to promote B cell proliferation in the presence of anti-IgM, IL-4 or PMA, partially blocking CD40 binding to CD40L, and B cells rescue from apoptosis.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Cynomolgus, Rhesus
- Reported Reactivity
- Baboon, Chimpanzee, Squirrel Monkey
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 711™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 711™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 711 nm. The bandpass filter 710/50 nm is recommended for detection, although filter optimization may be required depending on other fluorophores used. Be sure to verify that your cytometer configuration and software setup are appropriate for detecting this channel. Refer to your instrument manual or manufacturer for support. Brilliant Violet 711™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: costimulation of B cell proliferation1, partial inhibition of CD40 binding to CD40L3, and B cell rescue from apoptosis1. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays.
- Application References
- Schlossman SF, et al. 1995. ed. Leukocyte Typing V:White Cell Differentiation Antigens. New York:Oxford University Press.
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Pound JD, et al. 1999. Int. Immunol. 11:11.
- Shey MS, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:4833. PubMed
- Sondergaard JN, et al. 2014. Mol Immunol. 59:180. PubMed
- Saiki O, et al. 1995. J Clin. Invest. 2: 510-4 (Costim)
- Product Citations
AB_2564212 (BioLegend Cat. No. 334334)
- TNFR superfamily, type I glycoprotein, 48 kD
B cells, macrophages, follicular dendritic cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- B cell differentiation, costimulation, isotype class-switching, rescues B cells from apoptosis
- CD154 (CD40 ligand)
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Endothelial cells, Fibroblasts, Macrophages
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Costimulatory Molecules, Immunology, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Banchereau J, et al. 1994. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 12:881.
2. Foy T, et al. 1996. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 14:591.
- Gene ID
- 958 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD40 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD40
Purified anti-human CD40
FITC anti-human CD40
PE anti-human CD40
APC anti-human CD40
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD40
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD40
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD40
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD40
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD40
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD40
Purified anti-human CD40 (Maxpar® Ready)
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD40
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD40
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD40
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD40
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD40
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD40
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD40
Biotin anti-human CD40
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD40
TotalSeq™-A0031 anti-human CD40
TotalSeq™-C0031 anti-human CD40
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD40
TotalSeq™-B0031 anti-human CD40
TotalSeq™-D0031 anti-human CD40
PE/Fire™ 810 anti-human CD40