- TM-β1 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- IL-2 Receptor β chain, IL-2Rβ
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD122 is a 70-75 kD IL-2 receptor β chain also known as IL-2Rβ, which is also shared by the IL-15 receptor. It is constitutively expressed by NK cells and at lower levels by T cells, B cells, monocytes, and macrophages. The IL-2Rβ chain can combine with either the common γ subunit (γc, CD132) alone or with the γc subunit and the IL-2Rα subunit (CD25) to generate intermediate or high affinity IL-2 receptor complexes, respectively. CD122 expression levels can be upregulated by activation. The TM-β1 antibody does inhibit IL-2 binding to the IL-2 receptor. CD122 is expressed on murine, but not human, CD8+ Tregs involved in the maintenance of T cell homeostasis.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Rat T cell line expressing mouse CD122 ( IL-2Rβ)
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <0.01 EU/µg of the protein (<0.001 ng/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The Ultra-LEAF™ (Low Endotoxin, Azide-Free) antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL. Older lots may have also been bottled at 1 mg/mL. Please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This Ultra-LEAF™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
IP, Block, Depletion - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation1, blocking of IL-2 binding1, and NK cell depletion2 in vivo. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for blocking of IL-2 binding in vivo and in vitro (Cat. No. 123204).
- Application References
- Tanaka T, et al. 1991. J. Immunol. 147:2222.
- Tanaka T, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:1103.
- Tanaka T, et al. 1992. Int. Immunol. 4:487.
AB_2810372 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123223)
AB_2810373 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123224)
AB_2810374 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123225)
AB_2810375 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123226)
AB_2810376 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123227)
AB_2810377 (BioLegend Cat. No. 123228)
- Ig superfamily, forms high affinity IL-2 receptor with CD25 and CD132 chains or intermediate affinity receptor with CD132 alone, 70-75 kD
T and B cells, NK cells, monocytes, macrophages
- Critical component of IL-2 and IL-15 signaling
- IL-2, IL-15
- Cell Type
- B cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules, Cytokine/Chemokine Receptors
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Minami Y, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:245.
3. Suzuki H, et al. 1995. Science 268:1472.
4. Shi Z, et al. 2009. Eur. J. Immunol. 39:2109.
- Gene ID
- 16185 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD122 on UniProt.org
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody by functional assay?
No, BioLegend does not test Ultra-LEAF™ antibodies by functional assays unless otherwise indicated. Due to the possible complexities and variations of uses of biofunctional antibodies in different assays and because of the large product portfolio, BioLegend does not currently perform functional assays as a routine QC for the antibodies. However, we do provide references in which the antibodies were used for functional assays and we do perform QC to verify the specificity and quality of the antibody based on our strict specification criteria.
- Do you guarantee that your antibodies are totally pathogen free?
BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house aside from the GoInVivo™ product line. However, upon request, this can be tested on a custom basis with an outside, independent laboratory.
- Does BioLegend test each Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for potential pathogens?
No, BioLegend does not test for pathogens in-house unless otherwise indicated. However, we can recommend an outside vendor to perform this testing as needed.
- Have you tested this Ultra-LEAF™ antibody for in vivo or in vitro applications?
We don't test our antibodies for in vivo or in vitro applications unless otherwise indicated. Depending on the product, the TDS may describe literature supporting usage of a particular product for bioassay. It may be best to further consult the literature to find clone specific information.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.