- Other Names
- Monocyte chemotactic protein 1, chemokine (C-C motif) ligand 2, Ccl2, JE, Scya2, monocyte chemotactic and activating factor, MCAF
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
The 10- and 20-plate sizes of this assay have been discontinued. The assay will remain available for purchase under the 5-plate catalog number, but will no longer include ELISA microwell plates. Recommended microwell plates can be purchased separately under Cat. No. 423501. Please contact your BioLegend sales representative for bulk pricing quotations.
Human MCP-1, also known as CCL2, is a member of the CC β chemokine family. It is widely expressed in endothelial cells, smooth muscle cells, and monocytes in response to several atherogenic stimulants such as CD40 ligand, platelet derived growth factor (PDGF), interleukin-1β (IL-1β), and oxidized low density lipoprotein. Several recent in vivo studies have disclosed critical roles of MCP1 in atherosclerosis. In addition, MCP-1 has been implicated in monocytic infiltration of tissues during several inflammatory diseases, and has been implicated in macrophage-mediated tumor growth suppression in mice. MCP-1 has been shown to have direct effects on tumor cells in an autocrine and paracrine fashion in multiple cancers, including breast, lung, cervix, ovary, sarcoma, and prostate. In addition, MCP-1 plays a key role in the regulation of MMPs during transmigration. MCP-1 has been described as a new diagnostic marker and therapeutic target for progressive renal injury in diabetic nephropathy. Kidney epithelial cells, including glomerular podocytes and tubular cells, make MCP-1 in response to high glucose and advanced glycation end products. MCP-1 promotes inflammation and progressive injury in diabetic kidneys.
Both the ELISA MAX™ Standard Set and ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Set are specifically engineered for accurate recovery and measurement of analytes in complex fluids, such as serum and plasma (as well as activated cell cultures) without any interference by confounding serum factors, such as heterophilic antibody or rheumatoid factor.
- Kit Contents
- Human MCP-1/CCL2 ELISA MAX™ Capture Antibody (200X)
- Human MCP-1/CCL2 ELISA MAX™ Detection Antibody (200X)
- Human MCP-1/CCL2 Standard
- Avidin-HRP (1000X)
- Substrate Solution A
- Substrate Solution B
- Coating Buffer A (5X)
- Assay Diluent A (5X)
- As a part of BioLegend's efforts to go green, each new lot of the ELISA MAX™ sets will include a summarized version of its manual. Click here for more information.
- Application References
- Cho HY, et al. 2015. Cell Immunol. 293:95. PubMed
- Product Citations
- 3.9 pg/mL
- Standard Range
- 7.8-500 pg/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microwell plates: 96-well Nunc MaxiSorp™ is recommended.
- A microplate reader capable of measuring absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 2 µL to 1 mL
- Deionized (DI) water
- PBS (Phosphate-Buffered Saline): 8.0 g NaCl, 1.16 g Na2HPO4, 0.2 g KH2PO4, 0.2 g KCl, add deionized water to 1 L; pH to 7.4, 0.2 µm filtered.
- Wash Buffer (Phosphate-Buffered Saline (PBS) + 0.05% Tween-20, pH=7.4). BioLegend Cat. No. 421601 is recommended.
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Stop Solution (e.g. 2N H2SO4) Biolegend Cat. No. 423001 is recommended
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Sealer
- Absorbent paper
- Do the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets come with plates?
No, ELISA MAX™ Deluxe sets no longer come with plates, but Coating Buffer and Assay Diluent (for blocking and dilutions) are included in the ELISA MAX™ Deluxe Sets. Plates can be ordered separately (Cat. No. 423501), and instructions on coating the plates are in the sets’ product manuals.