Streptavidin binds to biotin with high affinity. Streptavidin-PerCP is useful for detecting biotinylated antibodies. The excitation of PerCP by 488 nm laser light induces a light emission maximum of 675 nm.Product Details
- Human, Mouse, Rat, All Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- Streptavidin is conjugated with PerCP under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml (concentration relates to the Streptavidin only component of the conjugate)
- Storage & Handling
- The Streptavidin-PerCP solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC, ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
This streptavidin product is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. The concentration provided is based upon molecular mass of streptavidin independent of any additional molecular mass that might be added by the PerCP conjugation. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.125 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
* PerCP has a maximum absorption of 482 nm and a maximum emission of 675 nm.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Streptavidin-PerCP is useful as a second step reagent for indirect immunofluorescent staining, when used in conjunction with biotinylated primary antibodies. The average molecular weight of Streptavidin-PerCP is 120 kD and Streptavidin alone is 52 kD.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Mara-Koosham G, et al. 2011. Infect Immun. 79:1770. PubMed
- Liao G, et al. 2012. Gastroenterology. 142:582. PubMed
- Smith KA, et al. 2012. Infect Immun. 80:3481. PubMed
- Li J, et al. 2013. Am J respir Cell Mol Biol. 48:314. PubMed
- Michael A, et al. 2013. J. Immunol. 190:5534. PubMed
- Tsiganov EN, et al. 2014. J Immunol. 192:4718. PubMed
- Tsiantoulas D, et al. 2015. J Lipid Res. 56:440. PubMed
- Product Citations
- How stable is PerCP/Cy5.5 tandem as compared to PerCP alone?
- PerCP/Cy5.5 is quite photostable and also better than PerCP alone in withstanding fixation.