- Other Names
- Human Latent TGF-β Pre-coated ELISA Kit
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|432907||1 Pre-coated Plate||¥85,000|
This product is currently available at 50% of list price. Promotional pricing cannot be combined with other discounts. Price reduction will be reflected during checkout.
If you are a customer who orders via a distributor, please contact your distributor for eligibility.
Latent TGF-ß is secreted as a complex with LAP and TGF-ß. LAP and TGF-ß1 are synthesized as single propeptide precursors of 390 amino acids with an N-terminal signal peptide of 29 amino acids, a 249 amino acids pro-region (LAP), and a 112 amino acids C-terminal region (TGF-ß1).
Both LAP and TGF-ß1 exist as homodimers in circulation, but the disulfide linked homodimers of LAP and TGF-ß1 remain non-covalently associated, forming the small latent TGF-ß1 complex (SLC, 100 kD). The large latent TGF- ß1 complex (LLC, 235 – 260 kD) contains a third component, the latent TGF-ß binding protein (LTBP), which is linked to LAP by a single disulfide bond. LTBP does not confer latency but promotes efficient secretion of the complex to extracellular sites.
TGF-ß and LAP can be released (activated) by many factors, including enzymes and low or high pH. TGF-ß and LAP have multiple functions, such as regulating proliferation and differentiation of various cell types.
Increased production and activation of latent TGF-ß have been linked to immune defects associated with malignancy and autoimmune disorders, to susceptibility to opportunistic infection, and to the fibrotic complications associated with chronic inflammatory conditions. Latent TGF-ß has been found to protect against glomerulonephritis. It is a surface marker of activated regulatory T cells.
LEGEND MAX™ Human Latent TGF-ß ELISA kit is a Sandwich Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) with a 96-well strip plate that is pre-coated with a capture antibody. This kit is specifically designed for the accurate quantitation of both small and large latent TGF-ß from cell culture supernatant, serum, plasma and other biological fluids. This kit is analytically validated with ready-to-use reagents.
- Kit Contents
- Anti-Human Latent TGF-β Pre-coated 96-well Strip Microplate
- Human Latent TGF-β Dectection Antibody
- Human Latent TGF-β Standard
- Avidin-HRP D
- Assay Buffer E
- Wash Buffer (20X)
- Substrate Solution D
- Stop Solution
- Plate Sealers
- Application Notes
Human Latent TGF-β ELISA kit does not cross-react with bovine latent TGF-β, and thus the measurement is not affected by FBS. This kit is suitable for FBS-containing samples such as culture supernatants.
- Additional Product Notes
View more applications data for this product in our Scientific Poster Library.
- 0.23 ng/mL
- Standard Range
- 1.56-100 ng/mL
- Materials Not Included
- Microplate reader able to measure absorbance at 450 nm
- Adjustable pipettes to measure volumes ranging from 1 µL to 1,000 µL
- Deionized water
- Wash bottle or automated microplate washer
- Log-Log graph paper or software for data analysis
- Tubes to prepare standard dilutions
- Plate Shaker
- Polypropylene vials
- Cell Sources
- Ubiquitously expressed by many kinds of cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Cytokines/Chemokines, Growth Factors
- Gene ID
- 7040 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TGF-beta on UniProt.org
- For some of your ELISA kits, why do my serum samples require dilution with assay buffer?
Dilution with assay buffer is required to minimize the matrix difference between the samples and the standards to achieve better accuracy.
- I have multiple LEGEND MAX™ ELISA kits that I want to run simultaneously. Can I use the same wash buffer for all the kits?
The Wash buffer is the same for all the current LEGEND MAX™ kits. All the part numbers on the Wash Buffer bottles in these kits should be the same. For ELISA MAX™ Deluxe and ELISA MAX™ Standard sets, we provide a recipe for the wash buffer on each kit’s technical data sheet. This recipe is the same for all ELISA MAX™ sets.
- In your LEGEND MAX™ ELISA Kits, there is a step that calls for a washing of the plates before even adding any sample to it. What is the purpose of this step?
We typically use a stabilizer for pre-coated plates. The washings were designed to remove these components before you start the assay. If you do not do the washings, the effect on assay performance is negligible.