- SK3 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T4, Leu3a
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD4, also known as T4, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4, a member of the Ig superfamily, recognizes antigens associated with MHC class II molecules and participates in cell-cell interactions, thymic differentiation, and signal transduction. CD4 acts as a primary receptor for HIV, binding to HIV gp120. CD4 has also been shown to interact with IL-16.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Evans RL, et al. 1981. Immunol. 78:544
- Arno A et al. 1999. J. Infect. Dis. 180:56
- Muech M, et al. 1997. Blood 89:1364
- Wang L, et al. 2012. Cytometry A. 81:567. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2566014 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344631)
AB_2566015 (BioLegend Cat. No. 344632)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
T cell subset, majority of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages
- MHC class II co-receptor, lymphocyte adhesion, thymic differentiation, HIV receptor
- MHC class II molecules, HIV gp120, IL-16
- Cell Type
- Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Center D et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:476.
2. Gaubin M et al. 1996. Eur. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 34:723.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.