- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interferon-γ, Immune interferon, Type II interferon, T cell interferon, Macrophage-activating factor (MAF),
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Interferon-γ is a potent multifunctional cytokine which is secreted primarily by activated NK cells and T cells. Originally characterized based on anti-viral activities, IFN-γ also exerts anti-proliferative, immunoregulatory, and proinflammatory activities. IFN-γ can upregulate MHC class I and II antigen expression by antigen-presenting cells. The 134 amino acid recombinant mouse IFN-γ protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 15.6 kD.Product Details
- Mouse IFN-γ, amino acids His23-Cys155 (Accession # NM_008337) was expressed in E. coli.
- Molecular Mass
- The 134 amino acid N-terminal methionylated recombinant protein has a predicted molcular mass of 15,652 Da. The DTT-reduced and the non-reduced protein migrates at approximately 13kDa by SDS-PAGE.
- Purity is >98% as determined by SDS PAGE, Coomassie stained with Invitrogen SimplyBlue SafeStain.
- Lyophilized in sterile-filtered PBS, pH 7.2, containing 1% BSA, 0.09% sodium azide, and protease inhibitors.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- Upon receipt, store unopened vials between 2°C and 8°C immediately and use within 12 months from date of receipt. Prior to use, reconstitute the lyophilized powder with 0.2 ml of PBS containing a carrier protein (e.g., 1% BSA, protease free), pH7.4. Re-cap vial, vortex. Allow the reconstituted standard to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes, vortex again to mix completely. The reconstituted standard stock solution can be aliquoted into polypropylene vials and stored at -70°C for up to one month. Do not re-use diluted standards. Use a manual defrost freezer and avoid repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this protein is quality control tested by ELISA assay. For use as an ELISA standard, a standard curve comprised of doubling dilutions from 15-2000 pg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
This IFN-γ protein is useful as a standard for a mouse IFN-γ sandwich ELISA, using unlabeled R4-6A2 antibody (Cat. No. 505702) for capture and biotinylated XMG1.2 antibody (Cat. No. 505804) for detection or AN-18 antibody (Cat. No. 517901) for capture and biotinylated R4-6A2 antibody (Cat. No. 505704) for detection.
- Application References
- Harberts E, et al. 2015. J Immunol.194:3127. PubMed
- Product Citations
- Cytokine; dimer
- Antiviral/antiparasitic activities; inhibits proliferation; enhances MHC class I and II expression on APC
- Cell Sources
- CD8+ and CD4+ T cells, NK cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, NK cells, endothelial cells, fibroblasts
- IFN-γRα (CDw119) dimerized with IFN-γRβ (AF-1)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald K, et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press San Diego.
2. De Maeyer E, et al. 1992. Curr. Opin. Immunol. 4:321.
3. Farrar M, et al. 1993. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 11:571.
4. Gray P, et al. 1987. Lymphokines 13:151.
- Upregulated by IL-2, FGF-basic, EGF; downregulated by vitamin D3 or DMN; labile at pH2
- Gene ID
- 15978 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IFN-gamma on UniProt.org