- RPA-T4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
The CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit contains 18 different fluorophore formats of clone RPA-T4 with 10 tests of each antibody per vial. It can be useful to have the same clone in multiple fluorophore formats to enable instrument characterization and standardization.
CD4, also known as T4, is a 55 kD single-chain type I transmembrane glycoprotein expressed on most thymocytes, a subset of T cells, and monocytes/macrophages. CD4, a member of the Ig superfamily, recognizes antigens associated with MHC class II molecules, and participates in cell-cell interactions, thymic differentiation, and signal transduction. CD4 acts as a primary receptor for HIV, binding to HIV gp120. CD4 has also been shown to interact with IL-16.
- Kit Contents
The CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit contains the following fluorophore formats of clone RPA-T4, with 10 tests of each antibody per vial:
- Pacific Blue™
- Brilliant Violet 421™
- Brilliant Violet 510™
- Brilliant Violet 570™
- Brilliant Violet 605™
- Brilliant Violet 650™
- Brilliant Violet 711™
- Brilliant Violet 785™
- PE/Dazzle™ 594
- Alexa Fluor® 647
- Alexa Fluor® 700
- APC/Fire™ 750
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
Brilliant Violet™ conjugates: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
All other conjugates: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
- The antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration, please enter the lot number in our Concentration and Expiration Lookup or Certificate of Analysis online tools.)
- Storage & Handling
- The kit should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Alexa Fluor® and Pacific Blue™ are trademarks of Life Technologies Corporation.
View full statement regarding label licenses
Brilliant Violet 421™, Brilliant Violet 510™, Brilliant Violet 570™, Brilliant Violet 605™, Brilliant Violet 650™, Brilliant Violet 711™, Brilliant Violet 785™ are trademarks of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
Red Laser (633 nm)
- Application Notes
The RPA-T4 antibody binds to the D1 domain of CD4 (CDR1 and CDR3 epitopes) and can block HIV gp120 binding and inhibit syncytia formation. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections3,4,5, and blocking of T cell activation1,2. This clone was tested in-house and does not work on formalin fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) tissue. The LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 300516).
- Application References
- Knapp W, et al. 1989. Leucocyte Typing IV. Oxford University Press. New York. (Activ)
- Moir S, et al. 1999. J. Virol. 73:7972. (Activ)
- Deng MC, et al. 1995. Circulation 91:1647. (IHC)
- Friedman T, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:5256. (IHC)
- Mack CL, et al. 2004. Pediatr. Res. 56:79. (IHC)
- Lan RY, et al. 2006. Hepatology 43:729.
- Zenaro E, et al. 2009. J. Leukoc. Biol. 86:1393. (FC) PubMed
- Yoshino N, et al. 2000. Exp. Anim. (Tokyo) 49:97. (FC)
- Ig superfamily, type I transmembrane glycoprotein, 55 kD
T cell subset, majority of thymocytes, monocytes/macrophages
- MHC class II co-receptor, lymphocyte adhesion, thymic differentiation, HIV receptor
- MHC class II molecules, HIV gp120, IL-16
- Cell Type
- B cells, Dendritic cells, Macrophages, Monocytes, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Center D, et al. 1996. Immunol. Today 17:476.
2. Gaubin M, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Clin. Chem. Clin. Biochem. 34:723.
- Gene ID
- 920 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD4 on UniProt.org
- I am unable to see expression of T cell markers such as CD3 and CD4 post activation.
- TCR-CD3 complexes on the T-lymphocyte surface are rapidly downregulated upon activation with peptide-MHC complex, superantigen or cross-linking with anti-TCR or anti-CD3 antibodies. PMA/Ionomycin treatment has been shown to downregulate surface CD4 expression. Receptor downregulation is a common biological phenomenon and so make sure that your stimulation treatment is not causing it in your sample type.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
APC anti-human CD4
Biotin anti-human CD4
FITC anti-human CD4
PE anti-human CD4
PE/Cyanine5 anti-human CD4
PE/Cyanine7 anti-human CD4
Purified anti-human CD4
APC/Cyanine7 anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-human CD4
Pacific Blue™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-human CD4
Alexa Fluor® 700 anti-human CD4
PerCP anti-human CD4
PerCP/Cyanine5.5 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 570™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 650™ anti-human CD4
Purified anti-human CD4 (Maxpar® Ready)
Alexa Fluor® 594 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 510™ anti-human CD4
PE/Dazzle™ 594 anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 785™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 605™ anti-human CD4
Brilliant Violet 711™ anti-human CD4
APC/Fire™ 750 anti-human CD4
CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit
CD4 Fluorophore Sampler Kit with Veri-Cells™ PBMC
TotalSeq™-A0072 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-B0072 anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-C0072 anti-human CD4
Ultra-LEAF™ Purified anti-human CD4
TotalSeq™-D0072 anti-human CD4