- 100 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- B-Cell CLL/Lymphoma 2 (Bcl-2), Protein Phosphatase 1, Regulatory Subunit 50
- Mouse IgG1
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Bcl-2 is a conserved anti-apoptotic protein that plays important roles in normal immunity. It forms homodimers or heterodimers with other Bcl-2 family members. This protein regulates apoptosis through controlling mitochondrial fusion and fission. Phosphorylation of Bcl-2 has been shown to enhance activity to allow response to extracellular growth-factor-mediated signals. Bcl-2 is also regulated by IRES, miR-15a, miR-16-1 and RNA-BP nucleolin. Chromosome 18q21.3 translocation and overexpression of Bcl-2 is frequently observed in follicular lymphomas and some diffuse large B-cell lymphomas.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide of amino acids 41-54 of human bcl-2 oncoprotein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
IHC-P - Verified
IHC-F - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting. For Western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.5 - 2.0 µg per mL. For immunohistochemistry on formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections, a concentration range of 5.0 µg/mL is suggested. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_2562958 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658701)
AB_2562959 (BioLegend Cat. No. 658702)
- Two isoforms, 239 or 205 amino acids in length, with a predicted molecular weight of 26 kD or 22 kD and four ‘BH' domains.
Outer mitochondrial membrane, nuclear membrane, endoplasmic reticulum membrane.
- Regulates apoptosis through controlling mitochondrial fusion and fission.
- BAX, BAD, BAK, Bcl-X(L),EI24,APAF1, BBC3, BCL2L1, BNIPL, MRPL41, TP53BP2, FKBP8 BAG1, RAF1, EGLN3, G0S2, and BOP.
- Cell Type
- B cells
- Biology Area
- Apoptosis/Tumor Suppressors/Cell Death, Cell Biology, Cell Cycle/DNA Replication, Chromatin Remodeling/Epigenetics, Immunology, Mitochondrial Function, Neuroscience, Signal Transduction, Transcription Factors, Ubiquitin/Protein Degradation
- Antigen References
1. Lin P, et al. 2013. Curr. Hematol. Malig. Rep. 8:243.
2. Tomita N. 2011. J. Clin. Exp. Hematop. 51:7.
3. Kelly PN, et al. 2011. Cell Death Differ. 18:1414.
4. Willimott S, et al. 2010. Biochem. Soc. Trans. 38:1571.
5. Rolland SG, et al. 2010. Curr. Opin. Cell Biol. 22:852.
- Gene ID
- 596 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Bcl-2 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All Bcl-2 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Alexa Fluor® 647 anti-Bcl-2||100||ICFC,SB|
|Alexa Fluor® 488 anti-Bcl-2||100||ICFC|
|Brilliant Violet 421™ anti-Bcl-2||100||ICFC|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.