- JS11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI N-L060
- Other Names
- DAF (Decay Accelerating Factor)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|311301||25 µg||55,00 CHF|
|311302||100 µg||100,00 CHF|
CD55 is a 60-70 kD glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-anchored single chain glycoprotein also known as decay-accelerating factor (DAF). It is expressed on hematopoietic cells including erythrocytes and many non-hematopoietic cells. CD55 accelerates the dissociation of the components of the C3-convertases (namely C2a from C4b in the C4bC2a complex, a C3-convertase of the classical pathway, and factor Bb from the C3bBb complex, a C3-convertase of the alternative pathway) to protect cells from inappropriate damage caused by autologous complement. CD55 has been reported to reduce the efficiency of NK cell lysis and induce signal transduction in T cells. CD55 has also been shown to interact with CD97 and bind to Coxsackie and Echovirus.Product Details
- Human, African Green, Baboon, Cynomolgus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Peyron P, et al. 2000. J. Immunol. 165:5186
- Product Citations
AB_314858 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311301)
AB_314859 (BioLegend Cat. No. 311302)
- GPI-achored regulator of complement activation (RCA), type I membrane glycoprotein, 60-70 kD
Hematopoietic cells including erythrocytes and many non-hematopoietic cells
- Protects against inappropriate complement activation and cell damage, induces signal transduction, reduces the efficiency of NK cell lysis
- C3b, C4b, CD97, Coxsackie viruses
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience, Costimulatory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Schlossman S, et al. Eds. 1995. Leucocyte Typing V. Oxford University Press. New York.
2. Hamann J, et al. 1996. J. Exp. Med. 184:1185.
3. Fujita T, et al. 1987. J. Exp. Med. 166:1221
- Gene ID
- 1604 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD55 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.