- G8.8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD326, EGP40, MIC18, TROP1, KSA
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|118215||25 µg||105,00 CHF|
|118216||100 µg||275,00 CHF|
EpCAM (CD326) mediates calcium-independent homophilic cell to cell adhesion. It may also function as a growth factor receptor. It is thought to be involved in maintaining cells in position during proliferation. Expression of EpCAM seems to correlate inversely with the level of E-cadherin (CD324). EpCAM is considered important in tumor biology.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- TE-71 thymic epithelial cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications for clone G8.8 (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of frozen sections: acetone fixed1, with or without OCT embedding2,4.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Farr A, et al. 1991. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 39:645. (FC, IHC)
- Dooley J, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:4331. (FC, IHC)
- Hinterberger M, et. al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:512. (FC) PubMed
- Gracz AD, et al. 2010. Am J. Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 298:590. (IHC) PubMed
- Nudel I, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:891. PubMed
- Morimoto H, et al. 2012. Biol Reprod. 86:148. PubMed
- Ishii K, et al. 2012. Development. 139:1734. PubMed
- Takehashi M, et al. 2012. Biol Reprod. 86:178. PubMed
- Murakami R, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:73270. PubMed
- Taguchi K, et al. 2014. Mol Cell Biol. 34:900. PubMed
- Hirokawa Y, et al. 2014. Am J Physiol Gastrointerest Liver Physiol. 306:547. PubMed
- Ding X, et al. 2015. Cancer Res. 75:330. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1236477 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118215)
AB_1236471 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118216)
- 40 kD single-pass type 1 glycoprotein. 293 amino acids, with a 21 aa signal peptide, a 246 aa extracellular domain, a 21 aa transmembrane domain, and a 26 aa cytoplasmic domain. The extracellular domain contains two epidermal growth factor-like repeats.
Expressed on majority of epithelial cell membranes with the exception of adult squamous cells of the skin and a few specific epithelial cell types.
- Mediates calcium-independent homophilic cell-cell adhesion.
- CD326 displays hemophilic binding.
- CD305 (LAIR-1), CD306 (LAIR-2), and Ep-CAM.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Borkowski TA, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:110.
2. Bergsagel PL, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:590.
- Gene ID
- 17075 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD326 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.