- G8.8 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- CD326, EGP40, MIC18, TROP1, KSA
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
|118225||50 µg||240,00 CHF|
EpCAM (CD326) mediates calcium-independent homophilic cell to cell adhesion. It may also function as a growth factor receptor. It is thought to be involved in maintaining cells in position during proliferation. Expression of EpCAM seems to correlate inversely with the level of E-cadherin (CD324). EpCAM is considered important in tumor biology.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- TE-71 thymic epithelial cell line
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA).
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with Brilliant Violet 421™ under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
Brilliant Violet 421™ excites at 405 nm and emits at 421 nm. The standard bandpass filter 450/50 nm is recommended for detection. Brilliant Violet 421™ is a trademark of Sirigen Group Ltd.
Learn more about Brilliant Violet™.
This product is subject to proprietary rights of Sirigen Inc. and is made and sold under license from Sirigen Inc. The purchase of this product conveys to the buyer a non-transferable right to use the purchased product for research purposes only. This product may not be resold or incorporated in any manner into another product for resale. Any use for therapeutics or diagnostics is strictly prohibited. This product is covered by U.S. Patent(s), pending patent applications and foreign equivalents.
- Excitation Laser
Violet Laser (405 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications for clone G8.8 (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of frozen sections: acetone fixed1, with or without OCT embedding2,4.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Farr A, et al. 1991. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 39:645. (FC, IHC)
- Dooley J, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:4331. (FC, IHC)
- Hinterberger M, et. al. 2010. Nat. Immunol. 11:512. (FC) PubMed
- Gracz AD, et al. 2010. Am J. Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 298:590. (IHC) PubMed
- Nudel I, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:891. PubMed
- Morimoto H, et al. 2012. Biol Reprod. 86:148. PubMed
- Ishii K, et al. 2012. Development. 139:1734. PubMed
- Takehashi M, et al. 2012. Biol Reprod. 86:178. PubMed
- Murakami R, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:73270. PubMed
- Taguchi K, et al. 2014. Mol Cell Biol. 34:900. PubMed
- Hirokawa Y, et al. 2014. Am J Physiol Gastrointerest Liver Physiol. 306:547. PubMed
- Ding X, et al. 2015. Cancer Res. 75:330. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_2563983 (BioLegend Cat. No. 118225)
- 40 kD single-pass type 1 glycoprotein. 293 amino acids, with a 21 aa signal peptide, a 246 aa extracellular domain, a 21 aa transmembrane domain, and a 26 aa cytoplasmic domain. The extracellular domain contains two epidermal growth factor-like repeats.
Expressed on majority of epithelial cell membranes with the exception of adult squamous cells of the skin and a few specific epithelial cell types.
- Mediates calcium-independent homophilic cell-cell adhesion.
- CD326 displays hemophilic binding.
- CD305 (LAIR-1), CD306 (LAIR-2), and Ep-CAM.
- Cell Type
- Embryonic Stem Cells, Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Borkowski TA, et al. 1996. Eur. J. Immunol. 26:110.
2. Bergsagel PL, et al. 1992. J. Immunol. 148:590.
- Gene ID
- 17075 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD326 on UniProt.org
- What is the F/P ratio range of our BV421™ format antibody reagents?
It is lot-specific. On average it ranges between 2-4.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.