- H11 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Mouse IgM, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Myosin heavy chain is an actin-based motor protein with an approximate molecular weight of 223 kD. Myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromysin and 1 heavy meromysin chain (and further into 2 globular subfragments and 1 rod-shaped subfragment). This protein is highly expressed in muscle. Motor proteins that convert chemical energy derived from ATP hydrolysis into mechanical force that drives motile processes such as cytokinesis, vesicular transport, and cellular locomotion. Myosin heavy chain is modified by acetylation in cysteine residues in the S1 domain for myosin ATPase activity. Muscle myosin is a hexameric protein consisting of 2 heavy chain subunits and 2 alkali light chain subunits and 2 regulatory light chain subunits that forms filaments.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was generated against a complex mixture of phosphoproteins extracted from Madin-Darby Canine Kidney Cells.
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
WB - Quality tested
ICC - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by western blotting. For western blotting, the suggested use of this reagent is 0.25 - 1.0 µg/mL. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration of 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
When using this clone for ICC, we recommend fixing cells with 4% PFA and permeabilizing with methanol. The clone was not compatible with mysosin heavy chain staining when cells were fixed/permeabilized with methanol only or 4% PFA + Triton X-100.
AB_2894519 (BioLegend Cat. No. 922703)
AB_2894519 (BioLegend Cat. No. 922704)
- Actin-based motor protein, approximately 223 kD. Myosin heavy chain can be split into 1 light meromysin and 1 heavy meromysin chain (and further into 2 globular subfragments and 1 rod-shaped subfragment).
Highly expressed in muscle.
- Motor proteins that convert chemical energy derived from ATP hydrolysis into mechanical force that drives motile processes such as cytokinesis, vesicular transport, and cellular locomotion/ Cysteine residues in the S1 domain are alkylated for myosin ATPase activity
- Muscle myosin is a hexameric protein consisting of 2 heavy chain subunits and 2 alkali light chain subunits and 2 regulatory light chain subunits. Forms filaments.
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Motility/Cytoskeleton/Structure, Neuroscience, Neuroscience Cell Markers
- Antigen References
- Weiss A, et al. 1999. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 96:2598.
- Schiaffino S, et al. 1996. Physiol. Rev. 76:371
- Gene ID
- View information about Myosin Heavy Chain on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.