- M3/38 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Galectin-3, Mac-2, Gal-3, RL-29, galactose-specific lectin 3, CBP-35, L-34, εBP
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Galectins, a family of carbohydrate binding proteins (lectins) have been implicated in inflammation and cancer. All galectins bind lactose and other beta-galactosides but differ in their affinity for more complex saccharides.Product Details
- Mouse, Human
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Raised against galectin-3 of mouse origin
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC, WB, IP - Verified
IHC, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µL volume or 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of paraffin-embedded tissue sections3-6, Western blotting2, immunoprecipitation1,2, immunofluorescence7,8, and ELISA9.
Clone M3/38 has been reported to recognize residues 48-100 in the amino-terminal domain of galectin-37.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Ho MK. and Springer TA. 1982. J. Immunol. 128:1221. (FC, IP)
- Rosenberg I, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:18731. (WB, IP)
- Evans CE, et al. 2010. Arterioscler Vasc Biol. (IHC) PubMed
- Jacob N, et al. 2011. J. Immunol. 186:4984. (IHC) PubMed
- Li X, et al. 2011. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 301:1932. (IHC) PubMed
- Chao C, et al. 2012. Clin Cancer Res. 18:4702. (IHC) PubMed
- Melo FH, et al. 2011. PLoS One. 6:e29313. (IF)
- Usategui A, et al. 2013. Ann Rheum Dis. 72:2018. PubMed (IF)
- Mey A, et al. 1996. J. Immunol. 156:1572. (ELISA)
- Reales E, et al. 2015. J Cell Sci. 128:2261. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_1134237 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125401)
AB_1134238 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125402)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Ho MK. and Springer TA. 1982. J. Immunol. 128:1221.
2. Rosenberg I, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:18731.
- Gene ID
- 16854 View all products for this Gene ID 3958 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about Mac-2 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.