- IM7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Hermes, Pgp-1, H-CAM, HUTCH-1, ECMR III, gp85, Ly-24
- Rat IgG2b, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD44 is a 80-95 kD glycoprotein also known as Hermes, Pgp1, H-CAM, or HUTCH. It is expressed on all leukocytes, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and mesenchymal cells. As B and T cells become activated or progress to the memory stage, CD44 expression increases from low or mid levels to high levels. Thus, CD44 has been reported to be a valuable marker for memory cell subsets. High CD44 expression on Treg cells has been associated with potent suppressive function via high production of IL-10. CD44 is an adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte attachment to and rolling on endothelial cells, homing to peripheral lymphoid organs and to the sites of inflammation, and leukocyte aggregation.Product Details
- Mouse, Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee, Baboon, Cynomolgus, Rhesus, Squirrel Monkey, Horse (Equine), Cattle (Bovine, Cow), Swine (Pig, Porcine), Dog (Canine), Cat (Feline)
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Dexamethasone-induced myeloid leukemia M1 cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IHC-F, CyTOF® - Verified
ELISA, ICC, IHC-P, IP, CMCD, Stim - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone IM7 has been reported to recognize an epitope common to alloantigens and all isoforms of CD4417,18 that is located between amino acids 145 and 18620. This clone has been verified for immunocytochemistry (ICC) and frozen immunohistochemistry (IHC-F). Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections and formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded sections6,7, complement-mediated cytotoxicity1, immunoprecipitation1,3, and in vivo inhibition of DTH4,5. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 103046, 103065 - 103069).
Cross-reactivity to ferret has been reported by a collaborator, but not verified in house.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Trowbridge IS, et al. 1982. Immunogenetics 15:299. (ICFC, IP, CMCD)
- Katoh S, et al. 1994. J. Immunol. 153:3440. (ELISA)
- Budd RC, et al. 1987. J. Immunol. 138:3120. (IP)
- Camp RL, et al. 1993. J. Exp. Med. 178:497. (Block)
- Weiss JM, et al. 1997. J. Cell Biol. 137:1137. (Block)
- Frank NY, et al. 2005. Cancer Res. 65:4320. (IHC) PubMed
- Cuff CA, et al. 2001. J. Clin. Invest. 108:1031. (IHC)
- Lee JW, et al. 2006. Nature Immunol. 8:181.
- Zhang N, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:6967. PubMed
- Huabiao C, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:591. PubMed
- Gui J, et al. 2007. Int. Immunol. 19:1201. PubMed
- Wang XY, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2436. PubMed
- Kenna TJ, et al. 2008. Blood 111:2091. PubMed
- Yamazaki J, et al. 2009. Blood PubMed
- Kmieciak M, et al. 2009. J. Transl. Med. 7:89. (FC) PubMed
- Chen YW, et al. 2010. Mol. Cancer Ther. 9:2879. PubMed
- Zheng Z, et al. 1995. J. Cell. Biol. 130:485.
- Wiranowska M, et al. 2010. Int. J. Cancer 127:532.
- Hirokawa Y, et al. 2014. Am J Physiol Gastrointerest Liver Physiol. 306:547. PubMed
- Sandmaier BM, et al. 1998. Blood 91:3494.
- Yang Y, et al. 2015. Hypertension. 65:1047. PubMed
- Peterson VM, et al. 2017. Nat. Biotechnol. 35:936. (PG)
- Product Citations
AB_312952 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103001)
AB_312953 (BioLegend Cat. No. 103002)
- Variable splicing of CD44 gene generates many CD44 isoforms, 80-95 kD
All leukocytes, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, mesenchymal cells
- Leukocyte attachment and rolling on endothelial cells, stromal cells and ECM
- Hyaluronan, MIP-1β, fibronectin, collagen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Mesenchymal cells, Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Stem Cells
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Haynes BF, et al. 1991. Cancer Cells 3:347.
3. Goldstein LA, et al. 1989. Cell 56:1063.
4. Mikecz K, et al. 1995. Nat. Med. 1:558.
5. Hegde V, et al. 2008. J. Leukocyte Biol. 84:134.
6. Liu T, et al. 2009. Biol. Direct 4:40.
- Gene ID
- 12505 View all products for this Gene ID 960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.