- C9B7W (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LAG3, LAG-3
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD223, also known as LAG-3, is 70 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein within the Ig superfamily. It is the gene product of lymphocyte activation gene-3 (Lag3) with structural similarity to CD4. CD223 is expressed on activated T cells and NK cells, as well as T regulatory cells. CD223, like CD4, binds MHC class II molecules, but with higher affinity than CD4. In association with the CD3 complex, CD223 has been shown as a negative regulatory molecule to inhibit TCR-mediated signaling and regulate homeostatic T cell expansion. In contrast to inhibition, CD223 has an activation function to promote immune responses by inducing MHC class II signaling in antigen presenting cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine CD223-Ig fusion protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
IP, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per 106 cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Workman CJ, et al. 2002. Eur. Immunol. 32:2255. (IP, ELISA)
- Workman CJ, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:688. (FC)
- Li N, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:6806. (IP, ELISA)
- Product Citations
AB_961187 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125202)
- Ig superfamily
T cells and NK cells, as well as T regulatory cells
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Baixeras E et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:327.
- Gene ID
- 16768 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD223 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.