- C9B7W (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- LAG3, LAG-3
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
CD223, also known as LAG-3, is 70 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein within the Ig superfamily. It is the gene product of lymphocyte activation gene-3 (Lag3) with structural similarity to CD4. CD223 is expressed on activated T cells and NK cells, as well as T regulatory cells. CD223, like CD4, binds MHC class II molecules, but with higher affinity than CD4. In association with the CD3 complex, CD223 has been shown as a negative regulatory molecule to inhibit TCR-mediated signaling and regulate homeostatic T cell expansion. In contrast to inhibition, CD223 has an activation function to promote immune responses by inducing MHC class II signaling in antigen presenting cells.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Murine CD223-Ig fusion protein
- 0.2 µm filtered in phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing no preservative. Endotoxin level is <1.0 EU/mg of the protein. (<0.01 pg/µg of the protein) as determined by the LAL test.
- The GoInVivo™ antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- The antibody is bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial, typically between 2 mg/mL and 3 mg/mL.
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. This GoInVivo™ solution contains no preservative; handle under aseptic conditions.
FC - Quality tested
FA, IP, ELISA - Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume or 100 µl of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
For in vivo and in vitro applications, we recommend to perform a pilot experiment to determine the optimal concentration to use for each particular experiment.
- Application Notes
GoInVivo™ products are guaranteed to be pathogen-free based on the IDEXX BioResearch IMPACT test via PCR. For a full listing of pathogens tested, visit the GoInVivo™ Webpage.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Workman CJ, et al. 2002. Eur. Immunol. 32:2255. (IP, ELISA)
- Workman CJ, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:688. (FC)
- Li N, et al. 2004. J. Immunol. 173:6806. (IP, ELISA)
AB_2566284 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125216)
AB_2566285 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125217)
AB_2566286 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125218)
AB_2566095 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125213)
AB_2566096 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125214)
AB_2566097 (BioLegend Cat. No. 125215)
- Ig superfamily
T cells and NK cells, as well as T regulatory cells
- Cell Type
- NK cells, T cells, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Baixeras E et al. 1992. J. Exp. Med. 176:327.
- Gene ID
- 16768 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD223 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.