- MEC14.7 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD34 is a highly glycosylated hematopoietic progenitor antigen. Two isoforms of CD34 have been reported to be generated by alternative splicing. This antigen is expressed on hematopoietic progenitors as well as on endothelial cells, brain, and testis. CD34 is thought to function as an adhesion molecule for early hematopoietic progenitors mediating the attachment of stem cells to extracellular matrix or stromal cells. CD34 is phosphorylated on serine residues by PKC.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Cells transfected with mouse CD34
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE/Cyanine7 under optimal conditions.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is =0.5 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
The MEC14.7 antibody does not stain bone marrow cells like some other mouse CD34 antibodies, probably because the antibody recognizes a different epitope from other mAbs. Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunoprecipitation, Western blotting6, and immunohistochemistry of acetone-fixed frozen sections and paraffin-embedded sections2,4,5,6.
- Additional Product Notes
- BioLegend is in the process of converting the name PE/Cy7 to PE/Cyanine7. The dye molecule remains the same, so you should expect the same quality and performance from our PE/Cyanine7 products. Please contact Technical Service if you have any questions.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Garlanda C, et al. 1997. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 73:368. (FC)
- Knowles HJ, et al. 2004. Circ. Res. 95:162. (IHC)
- Trempus CS, et al. 2003. J. Invest. Dermatol. 120:501.
- Winding B, et al. 2002. Clin. Cancer Res. 8:1932. (IHC)
- Voswinckel R, et al. 2003. Circ. Res. 93:372. (IHC)
- Kairaitis LK, et al. 2005. Am. J. Physiol. Renal. Physiol. 288:F198. (IHC, WB)
- Ao A, et al. 2008. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105:7821. PubMed
- Zaynagetdinov R., et al. 2011. J Immunol. 187:5703. PubMed.
AB_2716077 (BioLegend Cat. No. 119325)
AB_2716078 (BioLegend Cat. No. 119326)
- Type I membrane protein, 75-120 kD, highly glycosylated; two isoforms reported
Hematopoietic progenitors, brain, testis, endothelial cells; low expression in thymus, spleen, and bone marrow
- Possible adhesion molecule thought to function in early hematopoiesis by mediating attachment of stem cells to bone marrow extracellular matrix or stromal cells. Presents carbohydrate ligands to selectins.
- L-selectin, other selectins
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Hematopoietic stem and progenitors
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Garlanda C, et al. 1997. Eur. J. Cell Biol. 73:368.
2. Brown J, et al. 1991. Int. Immunol. 3:175.
3. Suda J, et al. 1992. Blood 79:2288.
4. Baumhueter S, et al. 1994. Blood 84:2554.
- Gene ID
- 12490 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD34 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.