- 5H10-1 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- T8, Lyt2, Ly-2
- Rat (SD) IgG2b, λ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD8, also known as Lyt-2, Ly-2, or T8, consists of disulfide-linked α and β chains that form the α(CD8a)/β(CD8b) heterodimer and α/α homodimer. CD8a is a 34kD protein that belongs to the immunoglobulin family. The CD8 α/β heterodimer is expressed on the surface of most thymocytes and a subset of mature TCR α/β T cells. CD8 expression on mature T cells is non-overlapping with CD4. The CD8 α/α homodimer is expressed on a subset of γ/δ TCR-bearing T cells, NK cells, intestinal intraepithelial lymphocytes, and lymphoid dendritic cells. CD8 is an antigen co-receptor on T cells that interacts with MHC class I on antigen-presenting cells or epithelial cells. CD8 promotes T cell activation through its association with the TCR complex and protein tyrosine kinase lck.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Concanavalin A-stimulated BALB/c splenic T cells
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: partial inhibition of T-cell responses to IL-2 and cytotoxic induction of splenic T cells1, and immunohistochemistry2 of acetone-fixed frozen sections. The 5H10-1 antibody competes with 53-6.7 antibody (Cat. No. 100702) for binding to thymocytes1.
Clone 5H10-1 is not recommended for immunohistochemistry of formalin-fixed paraffin sections.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Product Citations
AB_312764 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100803)
AB_312765 (BioLegend Cat. No. 100804)
- Ig superfamily, CD8α chain, 34 kD
Most thymocytes, T cell subset, some NK cells
- Co-receptor for TCR
- MHC class I molecule
- Cell Type
- Dendritic cells, NK cells, T cells, Thymocytes, Tregs
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Barclay A, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
2. Zamoyska R. 1994. Immunity 1:243.
3. Ellmeier W, et al. 1999. Annu. Rev. Immunol. 17:523.
- Gene ID
- 12525 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD8a on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.