- miap301 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Integrin-associated protein, IAP, neurophilin, gp42, Rh-associated protein
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD47, also known as Integrin-Associated Protein (IAP), is a membrane protein of about 50 kD with an IgV-like extracelluluar domain, a five membrane-spanning segment and a short terminal cytoplasmic region. It is widely expressed on many cell types and often associated with beta 3 integrins. It has been reported that CD47 functions as a self marker. Red cells lacking CD47 were rapidly cleared from the bloodstream by splenic macrophages. By binding to SIRPα, CD47 controls hemostatic innate immune functions, such as phagocytosis and cell trafficking.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: blocking2 and immunohistochemical staining of frozen sections3. This clone is not cross-reactive with human CD47.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wang H, et al. 2007. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 104:13744.
- Jiang P, et al. 1999 J. Biol. Chem. 274:559. (IHC-F, Block)
AB_1134129 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127503)
AB_1134140 (BioLegend Cat. No. 127504)
- 50 kD plasma membrane protein of the immunoglobulin supergene family, with an extracellular IgV-like domain of 120 amino acids, a five membrane spanning segment of 152 amino acids, and a short cytoplasmic tail of 30 amino acids.
Broad tissue distribution, including haemopoietic cells, epithelial and endothelial cells, fibroblasts, erythrocytes and other tissue cells.
- Adhesion molecules, immune regulation.
- Associates with β3 integrins.
- SIRPα (CD172α, Signal regulatory protein alpha), thrombospondin.
- Upon interaction with SIRPα, controls innate immune effector function, such as host cell phagocytosis.
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Brown E, et al. 1990. J. Cell. Biol. 111:2785.
2. Mawby WJ, et al. 1994. Biochem. J. 304:525.
3. Gao AG, et al. 1996. J. Biol. Chem. 271:21.
4. Oldenborg PA, et al. 2000. Science 288:2051.
5. van Beek EM, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 175:7781.
- Gene ID
- 16423 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD47 on UniProt.org
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.