- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TNFRSF8, CD30L Receptor, Ki-1 Antigen, Cytokine Receptor CD30, TNF Receptor Superfamily Member 8
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Human CD30 is a mature protein of 577 amino acids and as a member of the TNF receptor family it is characterized by repeated cysteine-rich motifs in the extracellular domain. CD30 is a type I trans-membrane glycoprotein, and it is expressed on some B cells and on mitogen-stimulated T cells. CD30 was originally identified as a cell surface antigen, Ki-1, on Hodgkin and Reed-Sternberg cells. CD30 binds to CD30L a type II transmembrane protein, and the CD30-CD30L interaction induces NF-κB activation which is mediated by TNFR-associated factor 2 (TRAF2). CD30L/CD30 signaling seems to be involved in Th1 and Th2 cell responses and plays a key role in Th17 differentiation in mice. TNFRs such as CD30, OX40, and 4-1BB participate in survival of activated T cells. Mice lacking both OX40 and CD30 signals have severe loss of CD4+ memory T cells in the spleen and lamina propria. Also, CD30-deficient mice show a decreased capacity to sustain follicular germinal center responses, and double KO mice (OX40 and CD30) lack memory antibody responses because of deficient CD4 T cell memory. Mast cells are the predominant CD30L-positive cell in chronic inflammatory skin diseases psoriasis and atopic dermatitis, and CD30 and CD30L expression is upregulated in lesional skin in these conditions. An agonistic anti-CD30 drug conjugate, Brentuximab vedotin, has been approved for the treatment of CD30-positive lymphomas.Product Details
- Human CD30, amino acids (Phe19-Lys379) (Accession No. P28908) with a linker, a C-terminal human IgG1 (Pro100-Lys330) and an Avi-tag, was expressed in 293E cells. Human CD30-Avi tag was site-specifically biotinylated by enzyme BirA.
- Molecular Mass
- The 624 amino acid recombinant protein has a predicted molecular mass of approximately 67.6 KDa. The DTT-reduced and non-reduced glycosylated protein migrate at approximately 90 kDa and 180 kDa respectively by SDS-PAGE. The predicted N-terminal amino acid is Phe.
- 0.22 µm filtered protein solution is PBS pH 7.2
- Endotoxin Level
- Less than 0.1 EU per µg cytokine as determined by the LAL method
- 25 µg size is bottled at 200 µg/mL. 100 µg and larger sizes are lot-specific and bottled at the concentration indicated on the vial (please contact technical support for concentration, or use our Lookup tool if you have a lot number.)
- Storage & Handling
- Unopened vial can be stored between 2°C and 8°C for up to 2 weeks at -20°C for up to six months, or at -70°C or colder until the expiration date. For maximum results, quick spin vial prior to opening. The protein can be aliquoted and stored at -20°C or colder. Stock solutions can also be prepared at 50 - 100 µg/mL in appropriate sterile buffer, carrier protein such as 0.2 - 1% BSA or HSA can be added when preparing the stock solution. Aliquots can be stored between 2ᵒC and 8°C for up to one week and stored at -20°C or colder for up to 3 months. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Biotinylated recombinant human CD30-Fc chimera binds to immobilized recombinant human CD30L (Cat. No. 767102) in a dose-dependent manner. The ED50 for this effect is 0.5 – 3 ng/mL.
- Application Notes
BioLegend carrier-free recombinant proteins provided in liquid format are shipped on blue ice. Our comparison testing data indicates that when handled and stored as recommended, the liquid format has equal or better stability and shelf-life compared to commercially available lyophilized proteins after reconstitution. Our liquid proteins are validated in-house to maintain activity after shipping on blue ice and are backed by our 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any concerns, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Activated T, B cells, Th1, Th2, Th0, CD8 T cells, NK cells.
- CD30 could induce survival, proliferation, differentiation, or apoptosis. Regulation of B cell growth and differentiation. CD30 expression in activated T cells depends on CD28 signal transduction or IL-4. CD30 signals augment T cell proliferation, thymocyte survival.
- CD4 T cells, Th1, Th2, mast cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, B cells, neutrophils.
- CD30L (CD153)
- Biotinylated recombinant human CD30-Fc chimera binds to immobilized recombinant human CD30L in a dose-dependent manner.
- Antigen References
- Bowen NA, et al. 1996. J Immunol. 156:442.
- Gilfillan MC, et al. 1998. J Immunol. 160:2180.
- Schneider C and Hübinger G. 2002. Leuk Lymphoma. 43:1355.
- Fabrina MC, et al. 2005. J Immunol. 174:3891.
- Withers DR, et al. 2009. J Immunol. 183:5079.
- Sun X, et al. 2010. J Immunol. 185:2222.
- Muta H and Podack ER. 2013. Immunol Res. 57:151.
- Kumar A, et al. 2013. Mediators Inflamm Article ID 484378.
- Thakar NY, et al. 2015. Mol Biol Cell. 26:993.
- van der Weyden CA, et al. 2017. Blood Cancer J. 7:e603.
- Gene ID
- 943 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD30 on UniProt.org