- AK4 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- VI P-44
- Other Names
- GMP-140, PADGEM
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD62P is a 140 kD type I transmembrane glycoprotein also known as P-selectin, platelet activation-dependent granule membrane protein (PADGEM), and GMP-140. It is expressed on activated platelets, megakaryocytes, and endothelial cells. CD62P is primarily stored in secretory α-granules in platelets and Weibel-Palade bodies in endothelial cells, and is rapidly relocated to the plasma membrane upon activation. The ligands for CD62P are CD162 and CD24. A primary function of CD62P is cell adhesion during neutrophil rolling, and platelet-neutrophil and platelet-monocyte interactions.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity: Chimpanzee
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with Biotin under optimal conditions.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤2.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemical staining of acetone-fixed frozen tissue sections4 and in vitro blocking of adhesion of platelets1. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin < 0.01 EU/µg, Azide-Free, 0.2 µm filtered) is recommended for functional assays (Cat. No. 304947 & 304948).
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Skinner M, et al. 1991. J. Biol. Chem. 266:5371. (Block)
- Kishimoto T, et al. Eds. 1997. Leucocyte Typing VI. Garland Publishing Inc. London.
- Yen YT, et al. 2006. J. Virol. 80:2684.
- Sato Y, et al. 2005. Blood 106:428. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2185111 (BioLegend Cat. No. 304914)
- Selectin, type I glycoprotein, 140 kD
Activated platelets, megakaryocytes, endothelial cells
- Adhesion, neutrophil rolling, platelet-neutrophil and platelet-monocyte interactions
- CD162 (PSGL-1), CD24 and sialylated Lewis X
- Cell Type
- Endothelial cells, Megakaryocytes, Neutrophils, Platelets
- Biology Area
- Cell Adhesion, Cell Biology, Immunology, Neuroscience, Synaptic Biology
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. McEver R, et al. 1995. J. Biol. Chem. 270:11025.
2. Varki A. 1994. P. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 91:7390.
- Gene ID
- 6403 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD62P on UniProt.org
- How many biotin molecules are per antibody structure?
- We don't routinely measure the number of biotins with our antibody products but the number of biotin molecules range from 3-6 molecules per antibody.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.