- 1D3/TDP-43 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- TAR DNA-binding protein-43, TDP 43, TARDBP, ALS10
Covance Catalog# SIG-39852
- Rat IgG2a
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
TDP43 (aka TARDBP) was originally identified as a protein which binds to the transactivation response (TAR) sequence found in the long terminal repeat of the HIV-1 virus genome. TDP43 contains two copies of a ~90 amino acid RNA recognition motif (RRM) found in many proteins which bind single stranded RNA. TDP-43 localizes to the nucleus. In patients with frontotemporal lobar degeneration and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, it is absent from the nucleus of affected neurons but it is the primary component of cytoplasmic ubiquitin-positive inclusion bodies. Ubiquitously expressed. In particular, expression is high in pancreas, placenta, lung, genital tract and spleen. Hyperphosphorylated, ubiquitinated, and cleaved in hippocampus, neocortex, and spinal cord from individuals affected with ALS and FTLDU.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Human, Rat
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- This antibody was raised against a phosphopeptide corresponding to: i) the C-terminal domain of human TDP43; and ii) inclusive of phosphorylated serine residues 409 and 410.
- Phosphate-buffered solution.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 1.0 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C. Please note the storage condition for this antibody has been changed from -20°C to between 2°C and 8°C. You can also check your vial or your CoA to find the most accurate storage condition for this antibody.
WB - Quality tested
IHC, ICC, ELISA- Reported in the literature, not verified in house
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by Western blotting.
The optimal working dilution should be determined for each specific assay condition.
• WB: 1:1,000
- Application Notes
This antibody is effective in immunoblotting (WB)
Positive Control: Rat Brain nuclear lysate
Expected MW: ~43 kD
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Neumann M, et al. 2009. Acta Neuropathol. 117:137-49.
- Sarroukh R, et al. 2011. Cell Mol Life Sci. 68:1429. (WB, IHC, ELISA, IF)
- Ramakrishnan M, et al. 2009. Biochemistry 48:10405. (WB)
- Watts JC, et al. 2014. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA. 111:10323. (WB, IHC)
- Diomede L, et al. 2014. Neurobiol Dis. 62:521. (IHC)
- Product Citations
AB_2564934 (BioLegend Cat. No. 829901)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Neurodegeneration, Neuroscience, Protein Misfolding and Aggregation
- Molecular Family
- Phospho-Proteins, TDP43
- Gene ID
- 23435 View all products for this Gene ID 298648 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about TDP43 Phospho Ser409/410 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All TDP43 Phospho (Ser409/410) Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-TDP43 Phospho (Ser409/410)||1D3/TDP-43||WB,IHC,ICC,ELISA|
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.
Purified anti-TDP43 Phospho (Ser409/410)