- W19210B (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Hermes, Pgp-1, H-CAM, HUTCH-1, ECMR III, gp85, Ly-24
- Rat IgG2a, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
CD44 is a 80-95 kD glycoprotein also known as Hermes, Pgp1, H-CAM, or HUTCH. It is expressed on all leukocytes, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, and mesenchymal cells. As B and T cells become activated or progress to the memory stage, CD44 expression increases from low or mid levels to high levels. Thus, CD44 has been reported to be a valuable marker for memory cell subsets. High CD44 expression on Treg cells has been associated with potent suppressive function via high production of IL-10. CD44 is an adhesion molecule involved in leukocyte attachment to and rolling on endothelial cells, homing to peripheral lymphoid organs and to the sites of inflammation, and leukocyte aggregation.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Partial recombinant mouse CD44 protein
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/mL
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
ICC, IHC-F - Verified
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 0.25 µg per million cells in 100 µL volume. For immunocytochemistry, a concentration range of 2.5 - 5.0 μg/mL is recommended. For immunohistochemical staining on frozen tissue sections, a concentration range of 1.125 - 5.0 µg/mL is suggested It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Not recommended for western blotting. Not reactive for human CD44 (tested in WB and IHC-P).
AB_2922650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 949601)
AB_2922650 (BioLegend Cat. No. 949602)
- Variable splicing of CD44 gene generates many CD44 isoforms, 80-95 kD
All leukocytes, epithelial cells, endothelial cells, hepatocytes, mesenchymal cells
- Leukocyte attachment and rolling on endothelial cells, stromal cells and ECM
- Hyaluronan, MIP-1β, fibronectin, collagen
- Cell Type
- B cells, Endothelial cells, Epithelial cells, Leukocytes, Mesenchymal cells
- Biology Area
- Molecular Family
- Adhesion Molecules, CD Molecules
- Antigen References
- Barclay AN, et al. 1997. The Leukocyte Antigen FactsBook Academic Press.
- Haynes BF, et al. 1991. Cancer Cells. 3:347-50.
- Goldstein LA, et al. 1989. Cell. 56:1063-72.
- Mikecz K, et al. 1995. Nat Med. 1:558-63.
- Hegde V, et al. 2008. J Leukoc Biol. 84:134-42.
- Liu T, et al. 2009. Biol Direct. 4:40.
- Gene ID
- 960 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD44 on UniProt.org
|Purified anti-mouse CD44||W19210B||FC, ICC, IHC-F|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.