- NFLD.D2 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- SS1, DRB1, DRw10, HLA-DRB, HLA-DR1B
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
HLA-DRB1, a HLA class II beta chain paralog, is a heterodimer membrane anchored α (DRA) and β chain (DRB). It plays an imporant role in extracellular protein-derived peptide presentation. It is expressed by antigen presenting cells (APC) such as B cells, dendritic cells, and macrophages. The β chain (composed of β1 and β2) is 26-28 kD and contains polymorphisms allowing for variability in peptide binding specificities. DRB1 is expressed by all individuals and its expression is five fold higher than DRB chains 3, 4, or 5. The peptide binding groove can accommodate peptides 10-30 residues long. Thirty-three different sub-types of HLA-DRB1*04 have been described. Of these, HLA-DRB1*04 is associated with an increased incidence of rheumatoid arthritis and is present on a subset of DRB1 molecules.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- L-cell transfectants HLA-DRB1*0401(11th IHW 8115), CFA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography.
- 0.5 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Application Notes
Clone NFLD.D2 recognizes a shared epitope (DRB1*70-74:QKRAA and QRRAA) of HLA_DRB1*04.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Wicks I, et al. 1997. Ann. Rheum Dis. 56:135 (FC)
- Patil NS, et al. 2001. J. Immunol. 12:7157 (FC)
- Drover S, et al. 1998. Hum. Immunol. 59:77 (FA)
AB_2563457 (BioLegend Cat. No. 362301)
- MHC class II cell surface receptor, 30 kD
- Presentation of the peptide to T cells leads to activation or suppression of the immune system, which eventually leads to the immune response.
- CD4+ T cells
- Cell Type
- Antigen-presenting cells, B cells, Dendritic cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- MHC Antigens
- Antigen References
1. Scally SW, et al. 2013. J. Exp. Med. 210:2569.
2. Balnyte R, et al. 2013. BMC Neurol. 13:77.
3. Ranasinghe S, et al. 2013. Nat. Med. 19:930.
4. Foo JN, et al. 2013. Am. J. Hum. Genet. 93:167.
5. Balandraud N, et al. 2013. PLoS One. 8:e64108.
6. Sutton VR, et al. 1988. Hum. Immunol. 22:123.
7. Stunz LL, et al. 1989. J. Immunol. 143:3081.
- Gene ID
- 3123 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about HLA-DRB1 on UniProt.org
Related Pages & Pathways
Other FormatsView All HLA-DRB1 Reagents Request Custom Conjugation
|Purified anti-human HLA-DRB1||NFLD.D2||FC|
|PE anti-human HLA-DRB1||NFLD.D2||FC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.