- 8F4 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- BTLA, B and T lymphocyte attenuator
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
B and T lymphocyte attenuator (BTLA) is an Ig superfamily coinhibitory receptor with structural similarity to programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) and CTLA-4. BTLA is expressed on B cells, T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, NKT cells, and NK cells. Engagement of BTLA by its ligand Herpes Virus Entry Mediator (HVEM) is critical for negatively regulating immune response. The absence of BTLA with HVEM inhibitory interactions leads to increased experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis severity, enhanced rejection of partially mismatched allografts, an increased CD8+ memory T cell population, increased severity of colitis, reduced effectiveness of T regulatory cells. BTLA takes an important role in the induction of peripheral tolerance of both CD4+ and CD8+ T cells in vivo. Tolerant T cells have significant up-regulated expression of BTLA compared with effector and naïve T cells. BTLA may cooperate with CTLA-4 and PD-1 to control T cell tolerance and autoimmunity. It was reported that BTLA may regulate T cell function by binding to B7-H4. But further studies are needed to confirm. The existence of three distinct BTLA alleles was reported. The BTLA antibody reacts with mouse BTLA from both BALb/c and C57BL/6 strains.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- C57BL/6 BTLA Ig domain protein in CFA
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated PE and unconjugated antibody.
- 0.2 mg/ml
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
FC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is ≤ 1.0 µg per million cells in 100 µl volume. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Hurchla MA, et al. 2005. J. Immunol. 174:3377
AB_1731958 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134803)
AB_1731884 (BioLegend Cat. No. 134804)
- An Ig superfamily coinhitory receptor with structural similarity to programmed cell death 1 (PD-1) and CTLA-4.
- BTLA is expressed on a wide number of lymphocytes in mice. It is most highly expressed on B cells, followed by CD4+T cells, lower express on CD8+ T cells, macrophages, dendritic cells, NKT cells, and NK cells.
- BTLA functions as a negative regulator of T cell activation and proliferation. It attenuates B cell proliferation upon associating with its known ligand, Herpes Virus Entry Mediator (HVEM).
- Herpes Virus Entry Mediator (HVEM)
- Cell Type
- Lymphocytes, B cells, T cells, Dendritic cells, NKT cells
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Inhibitory Molecules
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Antigen References
1. Liu X, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:4516
2. Miller ML, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:32
3. Sun Y, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 183:1946
4. Vendel AC, et al. 2009. J. Immunol. 182:1509
5. Watanabe N, et al. 2003. Nat. Immunol. 4(7):670
6. Sedy JR, et al. 2005. Nat Immunol. 6(1):90
- Gene ID
- 208154 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about CD272 on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.