- 364-3B3-14 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Interleukin-1α, Lymphocyte-activating factor (LAF), Endogenous pyrogen (EP), Leukocyte endogenous mediator (LEM), Mononuclear cell factor (MCF/MNCF)
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
IL-1 refers to two proteins, IL-1α and IL-1β which are the products of distinct genes, but which are recognized by the same cell surface receptors. IL-1α is a potent immuno-modulator which mediates a wide range of immune and inflammatory responses. The 364-3B3-14 antibody reacts with human interleukin-1α (IL-1α). The 364-3B3-14 antibody is a non-neutralizing antibody.Product Details
- Human, Cross-Reactivity*: Rhesus
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Recombinant human IL-1α
test size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
µg size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
µg sizes: 0.2 mg/ml
test sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1: The purified 364-3B3-14 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated Poly5313 antibody (Cat. No. 531304) as the detecting antibody and recombinant human IL-1a (Cat. No. 570009) as the standard. The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Cat. No. 500108) is suggested for ELISPOT capture.
Flow Cytometry4: The fluorochrome-labeled 364-3B3-14 antibody is useful for intracellular immunofluorescent staining and flow cytometric analysis to identify IL-1a -producing cells within mixed cell populations. For intracellular cytokine staining protocol, please visit www.biolegend.com and click on the support section.
Additional reported applications (for the relevant formats) include: immunohistochemistry3. The 364-3B3-14 is a non-neutralizing antibody.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Thorpe R, et al. 1988. Lymphokine Res. 2:119.
- Prussin C, et al. 1995. J. Immunol. Meth. 188:117.
- Andersson U, et al. 1999. Detection and quantification of gene expression. New York:Springer-Verlag.
- Enriquez, J, et al. 2002. Adv. Perit Dial. 18:177.
- Lu Y, et al. 2015. PNAS. 112:607. PubMed
- Product Citations
AB_315086 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500107)
AB_315085 (BioLegend Cat. No. 500106)
- Cytokine; 17.5 kD (Mammalian)
- Stimulates T cells, B cells, proliferation/activation of NK cells, fibroblasts, thymocytes, glioblastoma cells, astroglia, microglia
- Cell Sources
- Monocytes, tissue macrophages, Langerhans cells, dendritic cells, T and B cells, natural killer (NK) cells, large granular lymphocytes (LGL), vascular endothelium, smooth muscle, fibroblasts, thymic epithelia, astrocytes, microglia, glioma, keratinocytes,
- Cell Targets
- B cells, T cells, monocytes, dendritic cells
- Type I IL-1R (CDw121a), Type II IL-1R (CDw121b)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Bomford, R., et al. Eds. 1989. Interleukin-1, inflammation and disease. Elsevier, New York.
3. Brazel, D., et al. 1991. Biotechnol. Ther. 2:241.
4. Dinarello, C. 1996. Blood 87:2095.
- Upregulated by TNF-α, IFN-α, IFN-β, IFN-γ, bacterial endotoxins, viruses, mitogens, antigens; downregulated by IL-6, lipoproteins, lipids, and α2-macroglobulin
- Gene ID
- 3552 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-1alpha on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
Customers Also Purchased
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.