- MQ2-13A5 (See other available formats)
- Other Names
- Interleukin-6, B cell stimulating factor-2 (BSF-2), Cytotoxic T cell differentiation factor (CDF), Hepatocyte stimulating factor (HSF), Hybridoma/plasmacytoma growth factor (HPGF)
- Rat IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Avail.||Save|
IL-6 is a potent lymphoid cell growth factor that stimulates the growth and survival of certain B cells and T cells. IL-6 plays a role in host defense, acute phase reactions, immune response, and hematopoiesis. IL-6 is expressed by T cells, B cells, monocytes, fibroblasts, hepatocytes, endothelial cells, and keratinocytes.Product Details
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- COS-7- expressed, recombinant human IL-6
test sizes: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and 0.2% (w/v) BSA (origin USA).
µg size: Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide.
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with FITC under optimal conditions. The solution is free of unconjugated FITC.
µg sizes: 0.5 mg/ml
test sizes: lot-specific (please contact technical support for concentration and total µg amount)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µl per million cells in 100 µl staining volume or 5 µl per 100 µl of whole blood.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
- Application Notes
ELISA or ELISPOT Capture1-3,7: The purified MQ2-13A5 antibody is useful as the capture antibody in a sandwich ELISA or ELISPOT assay, when used in conjunction with the biotinylated MQ2-39C3 antibody (Cat. No. 501202) as the detecting antibody.
Neutralization1-3,5,6: The Ultra-LEAF™ purified antibody (Endotoxin <0.1 EU/μg, Azide-Free, 0.2 μm filtered) is recommended for neutralization of human IL-6 bioactivity (Cat. No. 501110). The MQ2-13A5 antibody can neutralize the bioactivity of natural or recombinant IL-6.
Additional applications (for the relevant formats) include: intracellular flow cytometry10.
(PubMed link indicates BioLegend citation)
- Abrams J, et al. 1992. Immunol. Rev. 127:5.
- Abrams JS. 2001. Curr. Protoc. Immunol. Unit 6.20.
- Gaines Das R, et al. 1993. J. Immunol. Methods 160:147.
- Enriquez J, et al. 2002. Adv. Perit Dial. 18:177.
- Zou JP, et al. 1999. J. Immunol. 162:4882.
- Wyant TL, et al. 1999. Infect. Immun. 67:1338.
- Lesmeister MJ, et al. 2005. Reprod. Biol. Endocrinol. 3:74.
- Terasaka Y, et al. 2010. Invest. Ophthalmol. Vis. Sci. 51:2441 PubMed
- Girndt M, et al. 1998. J. Am. Soc. Nephrol. 9:1689.
- Product Citations
AB_315151 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501103)
AB_315153 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501105)
AB_315152 (BioLegend Cat. No. 501104)
- Neuropoietic cytokine family; 26 kD (Mammalian)
- Hematopoiesis; antigen-specific immune responses, inflammatory reactions; acute phase reaction
- Cell Sources
- T cells, B cells, macrophages, bone marrow stromal cells, fibroblasts, keratinocytes, mesangium, astrocytes, endothelial cells
- Cell Targets
- T cells, B cells, hepatocytes, cholinergic neurons
- Heterodimer IL-6Rα (CD126)/IL-6Rβ (CD130; gp130)
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Immunology, Innate Immunity, Neuroinflammation, Neuroscience
- Molecular Family
- Antigen References
1. Fitzgerald, K., et al. Eds. 2001. The Cytokine FactsBook. Academic Press, San Diego.
2. Hirano T. 1998. Int. Rev. Immunol. 16:249.
3. Patterson P. 1992. Curr. Opin. Neurobiol. 2:94.
4. van Oers M, et al. 1993. Ann. Hematol. 66:219.
- Upregulated by IL-1, TNF, PDGF, IFN-β, TNF-α, NGF, and IL-17; downregulated by glucocorticoids IL-4 and TGF-β
- Gene ID
- 3569 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about IL-6 on UniProt.org
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.