- QA19A93 (See other available formats)
- Regulatory Status
- Other Names
- Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor, Receptor Tyrosine-Protein Kinase ErbB-1, Erb-B2 Receptor Tyrosine Kinase 1, ERBB1, NISBD2, PIG61, MENA
- Mouse IgG1, κ
- Ave. Rating
- Submit a Review
- Product Citations
|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) is a receptor tyrosine kinase that links extracellular mitogenic ligand binding to complex downstream signaling cascades. Initial ligand binding results in receptor oligomerization and autophosphorylation of multiple tyrosine residues within cytosolic domains of the protein. Phosphorylation at tyrosine 845, which is found in the kinase activation loop, stabilizes the active conformation and leads to the recruitment of adaptor proteins and other downstream effectors. EGFR stimulation leads to activation of RAS-RAF-MEK-ERK, PI3 kinase-AKT, PLCγ-PKC and STAT signaling cascades, and constitutive activation of the receptor promotes tumorigenesis in multiple cancers.Product Details
- Verified Reactivity
- Antibody Type
- Host Species
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to human EGFR phosphorylated at tyrosine 845
- Phosphate-buffered solution, pH 7.2, containing 0.09% sodium azide and BSA (origin USA)
- The antibody was purified by affinity chromatography and conjugated with PE under optimal conditions.
- Lot-specific (to obtain lot-specific concentration and expiration, please enter the lot number in our Certificate of Analysis online tool.)
- Storage & Handling
- The antibody solution should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C, and protected from prolonged exposure to light. Do not freeze.
ICFC - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
Each lot of this antibody is quality control tested by intracellular immunofluorescent staining with flow cytometric analysis. For flow cytometric staining, the suggested use of this reagent is 5 µL per million cells in 100 µL staining volume or 5 µL per 100 µL of whole blood. It is recommended that the reagent be titrated for optimal performance for each application.
- Excitation Laser
Blue Laser (488 nm)
Green Laser (532 nm)/Yellow-Green Laser (561 nm)
- Application Notes
This clone was tested for ICC on A-431 cells treated with or without EGF. We failed to detect any EGFR Phospho (Tyr845) staining using the following fixation and permeabilization methods:
This clone failed to immunoprecipitate EGFR Phospho (Tyr845) from whole cell extracts prepared from EGF-stimulated A-431 cells.
- 4% PFA plus Triton X-100
- 4% PFA plus methanol
- Methanol only
This recombinant antibody clone is derived from clone A18028A.
This clone is predicted to recognize the region corresponding to EGFR Phospho (Tyr845) in both rat (Tyr846) and mouse (Tyr847) orthologs due to complete sequence conservation with the immunizing peptide.
AB_2936764 (BioLegend Cat. No. 943403)
AB_2936764 (BioLegend Cat. No. 943404)
- EGFR is a 1,210 amino acid protein with a predicted molecular weight of 134 kD; the processed form is 1,186 amino acids in length.
Plasma membrane/Ubiquitously expressed
- EGFR signaling, cell signaling
- EGF, TGFA/TGF-alpha, AREG, epigen/EPGN, BTC/betacellulin, epiregulin/EREG and HBEGF/heparin-binding EGF
- Cell Type
- Epithelial cells
- Biology Area
- Cell Biology, Cell Proliferation and Viability, Signal Transduction
- Molecular Family
- Protein Kinases/Phosphatase
- Antigen References
1. Hunter T and Cooper JA. 1981. Cell. 24:741.2. Gill GN and Lazar CS. 1981. Nature. 293:305.3. Reynolds FH, et al. 1981. Nature. 292:2594. Biscardi, et al. 1999. J. Biol. Chem. 274:8335.5. Zhou M, et al. 2013. Cancer Res. 23:7056-67
- Gene ID
- 1956 View all products for this Gene ID
- View information about EGFR on UniProt.org
- What type of PE do you use in your conjugates?
- We use R-PE in our conjugates.
|Purified anti-EGFR Phospho (Tyr845) Recombinant Antibody||QA19A93||WB|
|PE anti-EGFR Phospho (Tyr845) Recombinant Antibody||QA19A93||ICFC|
Compare Data Across All Formats
This data display is provided for general comparisons between formats.
Your actual data may vary due to variations in samples, target cells, instruments and their settings, staining conditions, and other factors.
If you need assistance with selecting the best format contact our expert technical support team.