|Cat #||Size||Price||Quantity Check Availability||Save|
Cell populations other than CD14+CD16- monocytes are depleted by incubating the sample with the biotin antibody cocktail followed by incubation with magnetic Streptavidin Nanobeads. The magnetically labeled fraction is retained by the use of a magnetic separator. The untouched monocytes are collected by decanting the liquid in a clean tube. These are the cells of interest; do not discard the liquid. Some of the downstream applications include functional assays, gene expression, phenotypic characterization, etc.
MojoSort™ reagents are also compatible with column-based cell separation systems available from other vendors. Optimized protocols for cell separation using columns from in-house testing are provided for each kit under the “Related Protocols” section, as well as representative data on the product webpage (where available). Data generated using column separators are indicated on the figure legend.
Due to the property of the beads, MojoSort™ reagents typically require dilution for optimal use on column separators. Where available, recommended dilution factors for each kit component based on in-house testing are provided under the “Application Notes” section of the webpage.
- Kit Contents
For Cat# 480047:
- 100 µL Biotin-Antibody Cocktail
- 100 µL Streptavidin Nanobeads
- 50 µL Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution)
For Cat# 480048:
- 1 mL Biotin-Antibody Cocktail
- 1 mL Streptavidin Nanobeads
- 500 µL Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution)
- Verified Reactivity
- Cocktail: Phophate buffer solution containing 0.09% sodium azide, pH 7.2. Streptavidin Nanobeads: Aqueous solution containing BSA and 0.05% sodium azide.
- The antibodies were purified by affinity chromatography, and conjugated with biotin under optimal conditions. Streptavidin Nanobeads: Streptavidin-coated magnetic beads.
- Storage & Handling
- Antibody cocktail, Streptavidin Nanobeads, and Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution) should be stored undiluted between 2°C and 8°C.
Cell Separation (MojoSort™) - Quality tested
- Recommended Usage
10 µl of antibody cocktail for 1 x 107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
10 µl of Streptavidin Nanobeads for 1 x 107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
5 µl of Human TruStain FcX™ (Fc Receptor Blocking Solution) for 1 x 107 cells in 100 µl of buffer.
- Application Notes
This kit is designed for the isolation of untouched CD14+CD16- monocytes from peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs).
Antibody or cocktail dilution to use in column: 6X
Nanobead dilution to use in columns: 3X
- Product Citations
- Biology Area
- Immunology, Innate Immunity
- Molecular Family
- CD Molecules
- Gene ID
- View information about Monocytes on UniProt.org
- Is there a way to detach your magnetic particles from the cell surface?
No, not currently. We have found that cells are functional without the need to detach the magnetic Nanobeads.
- What is the size of your magnetic particles?
The average diameter is approximately 130 nm.
- Are MojoSort™ Nanobeads compatible with other commercially available magnetic separation systems?
MojoSort™ magnetic particles can be used with other commercially available magnetic separators, both free standing magnets and column-based systems. Because MojoSort™ protocols are optimized for the MojoSort™ separator, the protocols may need to be adjusted for other systems. Please contact BioLegend Technical Service for more information and guidance. We do not recommend using MojoSort™ particles for BD’s IMag™ or Life Technologies’ DynaMag™.
- What antibodies are present in the depletion cocktails provided for isolation kits?
Please contact our technical service team for further assistance.